Chapter 15 - Daryl I have to tell you something

Carl's P.O.V
Me and Jessica made our way back to the house. I walked up to Hershel's house to see if Maggie or Beth had spare clothes for her. Maggie answered the door,
"What happened to y'all? You need somethin?"
"Do you happen to have an extra pair of clothes?" I asked her and she nodded
"Yeah, I'll be right back." She said walking away and I went inside and sat on the couch with Jessica. Maggie came out with a pair of clothes for Jess handing them to her
"Here, these are Beth's old clothes so they should fit you."
"Thanks Maggie, but don't say anything to our group ok?" I said and she nodded
"No problem sweetheart." She said to Jess and she kinda shivered a little bit.
"Carl, can I change in your tent since Daryl's in mine." She asked me
"Sure, my mom and dad have their own tent. So I have a tent to myself. If you wanna stay with me so you don't wake up Daryl." I said and she nodded
"Ok, but I'm exhausted."
"I know." I said kissing her cheek as we went into my tent. I turned around letting her get dressed privately.
"I'm done." She said and I turn around to see her wearing a light navy blue sweater and a pair of gray jeans.
"She also got me a jacket." She said handing me mine as she put her's on.
"Good." I said.
"Well, I only have one sleeping bag."
"That's ok." She said and we both got into my bag together. We were very close, as she snuggled into my chest. I could feel her breathe on me even with the jacket on which I didn't mind. I wrapped my arm around her waist making sure I didn't hit her wound and she got closer. I leaned over and kissed her cheek as she was falling asleep on me.
"Good night babe." I whispered in her ear.
"Good night babe." She said back and we fell asleep together in my tent.

Daryl's P.O.V
I woke up and I didn't see Jessica in the tent. I figured she's be with Carol or Lori making breakfast but I was apparently the first one awake. Everyone else was still in their tents and I was confused. Where could she be? Then after I really woke up I remember Carl. I heard the other day he had his own tent, maybe she's in there. I'm gonna kill her. I walked to his tent and unzipped it seeing them sharing a sleeping bag.
"Oh hell no!" I yelled and they both jumped up.
"Daryl!" Jessica yelled as I pulled Carl out of the sleeping bag.
"What the hell do you think your doing layin up next to my sister?!" I yelled in Carl's face holding him by his shirt.
"Daryl stop!" She yelled at me and I let go of him.
"We need to talk." She said with fear in her eyes.
"What the hell are you wearing?" I asked her. She was wearing a sweater and jeans I've never seen before.
"That's not the point come on." She said walking out of the tent and I followed.
"Wanna tell me what the hell that was all about?" I asked crossing my arms.
"Sit down Daryl." She said as we say on the logs but the now gone fire.
"Listen, I want to tell you somethin and I need you to stay calm."
"Before you continue am I gonna kick someone's nuts?" I asked
"I hope not." She said looking down.
"Last night, me and Carl were sitting on the porch. I saw Shane go see Randall and gave Carl and excuse to leave him to spy on him. I followed him and Randall into the woods and he killed Randall. I tried to get away but Shane saw me. He tied me up and tried to rape me." She stopped an I was furious but before I stood up to kill someone she continued.
"Wait Daryl! That's not all. So before he could get to far Carl was there and he shot him. He killed Shane. We came back here and Maggie got me some more clothes because Shane cut mine." I was speechless to what she was telling me and couldn't believe this was real.
"The reason I was with Carl is because I didn't want to wake you or tell you at that moment. He offered to share his tent with me and I slept with him. NOT LIKE "SLEPT WITH HIM" but like just together." She finished and I didn't know what to do I just pulled her in and hugged her. It was the tightest hug I've ever given someone. I began to cry slightly and she heard.
"Daryl."
"Stop. Don't cry. Carl saved me. We are fine now, nothing happened to me."
"YES SOMETHING DID HAPPEN TO YOU AND I WASN'T THERE AGAIN!" I yelled at her but she stayed calm
"I know Daryl, but you couldn't have known what was going to happen." She said pulling me in again rubbing my back.
"I'm supposed to protect you. From everything and I've been doing a terrible job." I said and she didn't reply.
"What going on here." Rick came out seeing me and Jessica hugging and Carl just standing their.
"I need to tell you all something so gather everyone here in 5 minutes." Jessica said and Rick and Lori woke everyone up and they all came out confused and tiered.

Jessica's P.O.V
After I told Daryl what happened I know I have to tell everyone else. I was shaking getting nervous to announce it. Everyone was standing waiting for someone to say something
"Hold up." Carl said and took my arm dragging me away from everyone.
"Are you sure you can tell them? I'll do it if you want." He said but I shook my head
"No Carl I have to tell them."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I can do it."
"Ok. But I'm right here if you can't." He said grabbing my hand and we walked back. And after I told everyone what happened no one said anything. They were all just in shock.
"I'm sorry." Rick spoke up
"I didn't know Shane would do something like that." He said and I just grabbed Carl's hand tighter feeling sick.
"I need to be alone." I said and dragged Carl with me. We went into his tent and sat their.
"I thought you wanted to be alone?" He said
"I do, with you. I'm not in the mood to have a ocean of I'm sorry's  and its be okays."
"Yeah, I wouldn't either." He said back. After a minute he leaned in and kissed me. It was long and passionate.
"I didn't know what else to do." He said and I smiled
"You always know what to do." I said back pulling him closer to me kissing him again.