Chapter 49 - Its Time.

Carl told me to look under the bed and pull out something. He went over to take Ethan to Maggie's house. I kissed Ethan and he left. I noticed Carl grabbed a pair of clothes out of the closet I'm guessing for him so I could get ready and so could he. He told me he would change in Kirsten's old room. They leave and I get in the shower. After my shower I dry my hair as best as I could. Just using a towel isn't the easiest thing for thick hair but it'll have to do. I wrap my towel around me and walk back to the bed. I bend down and see a thick blanket covering something. I pull it out and unfold the blanket. Inside their was a dress, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I loved the detail of the blue and gold colors. The fabric was so soft and once I put it on I felt beautiful. I look at myself in the mirror admiring the dress. I attempt to dry my hair and after I'm don't I brush it out and put it in a bun. My hair looked slick back since it was wet but I liked it. After I'm done I walk outside the room and go downstairs to see Rick and Daryl talking in the kitchen.

"Woah." Daryl said looking at me in the dress.

"Thanks Daryl." I smile

"Heard your going on a date?" Rick said

"No shit officer smart ass. What gave it away?" I joke making them both laugh.

"No kidding. Have fun." Rick said

"Hey, what time are you guys leaving tomorrow?" I ask before walking away.

"Not too early. I'll say goodbye to you and Ethan." Daryl said

"Ok, oh and he's at Maggie's if your wondering." I said

"I know." They both say and with that I walk outside. I see Carl standing looking the other direction towards the watch tower. I quietly shut the door and sneak up behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist making him jump to my touch.

"Hey." I said and let go and he turned around. His face was speechless.

"Dam." He grinned

"Thanks. Where'd you get this anyway?" I ask as he grabbed my hand and we started walking.

"I know people." He said

"You look amazing." He said starring at me while we walked.

"Thanks, so where are we going?" I asked

"I don't know, why don't we just start heading this way?" He said pointing down a street.

"Ok." I said and we walked. We talked about the house situation and I went on and on about which ones I loved. I could feel Carl getting nervous because his hand was shaking slightly and sweating.

"Are you ok? You seem nervous." I said

"Just thinking." He said not looking at me. We walked and talked for awhile until he stopped. We stopped at this house that was beautiful. I've always wanted this house but I knew we would have this one. He tugs my hand towards the house.

"Come on." He said and I stop.

"We can't go in there." I said

"Who saids?" He smirks

"Um Rick?" I asked

"Just come on!" He smiles tugging my arm. We walk up the small steps and he walks to the door.

"Come on we don't have all night!" He saids. I smile and follow him inside the house. It was one of my favorite houses in Alexandria. It was set us kinda like the house we had now but nicer. It's hard to explain but I loved it.

We walked around the house and I just started at everything in awe. There was three rooms, a master, child's room, and guest room. We got to the master bedroom and it was beautiful. It was so big it even had a small balcony. I look at Carl then the balcony door. He nods and we walk out there. The moon was out and everything was peaceful. Their was no moans, dead smell, messed up buildings, it was normal again. I leaned over the balcony just starting off. I feel Carl put his arms around my waist from behind.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He whispered

"It's perfect. I never thought I'd see this again." I say

"Me either." He said back

"Can I tell you something?" He asked

"Sure." I say and he lets go. He comes in front of me and grabs my hands.

"The very first time I met you, you tried to kill me. Now we have a beautiful son and live here in this place. We lost people, and gained people. But no matter what happened we stuck together. Through the worst and best times. I remember when we found you, Daryl, and Merle on the highway. You had your hair up in a ponytail, navy blue jeans, a black shirt, and black sneakers. You had an army backpack on your shoulder and held your crossbow in the other. The first time I saw you I never thought we'd end up here together. I never thought I would live past the day you told Daryl you were pregnant but I'm still here. I never thought I could love someone this much in the apocolypse until I met you. And just because it is the apocalypse doesn't mean we can't be together forever. I want to be together forever. With you. And Ethan. So, will you marry me?" He spoke and half way through got down on his knee. He pulled out a ring from his pocket and slid it on my finger. I was in such shock I couldn't speak. I started at the beautiful ring. It was absolutely perfect.

Without saying a thing I jump into his arms and he holds me tight

Without saying a thing I jump into his arms and he holds me tight. After our hug I kiss him passionately for what felt like forever. I pull away and barley manage to whisper,

Yes.
I say and kiss him again. He pulls away smiling as was I. We start to head back as I started at the ring. We get to the door step and I sigh.

"This house is so beautiful." I say and we start to walk away. Carl pulls me closer to him with his arm around my waist.

"That's because it is our house so why wouldn't it be?" He said and I stopped.

"Wait are you playing with me!?" I asked nervously

"After I just barely got through a proposal, you think I'm gonna mess with you? No Jessica, it's ours. We get to live here." He said and I jump up and down so excited.

"Your too good for me Grimes." I say as we head back to the house.

"Your too good for me Dixion." He said back.