Chapter 35 - I Already Made You A Promise

Jessica's P.O.V

Gareth dragged me and Bob back to the church putting duck tape around our mouths. He held onto me and the other dudes came back and one of em was dragging Bob. But they stopped before opening the door.
"Sorry Bob." Gareth said an suddenly one of the guys put a bullet through his head. He dropped to the ground and I was nervous. If he could just shoot Bob I'm sure he would have no problem doing the same thing to me. His guys shot at the door opening it. He grabbed me dragging me inside. He pulled out his gun and held it next to him.
"We know your here. And now you know we're here." He called out. No one was in view. I'm guessing they were hiding in one of the two rooms.
"Brought a special guest." He said yanking me in front of his pointing the gun at me head.
"You come out now I don't blow her brains out." He said clicking the gun back. I had a tear run down my face but tried to contain the others from coming. I managed to console my tears and focus on the situation. Who was even here? Were they all gone? Did they all leave to look for me and Bob? Did they even notice I was gone? All these questions rushed through my head causing me to panic. I come outta my though to Gareths guys going to one of the doors. Right as he counted down from 10 about to blast the door their was a cry.
Judith.
"I'm starting to like this kid. Maybe we'll keep her." He said grinning and before he moved his gun over to the door to shoot it their was a deep voice coming from the doors of the church.
"Put your weapons down." It was Rick. Gareth immediately grabbed me putting his arm around my neck and a gun to my head.
"No you put yours down." He said tightening his grip on me. I saw Rick, Daryl, Sasha, Tyreese, and Michonne standing around the church with their weapons out.
"I will not hesitate. I killed Bob right outside." He said.
"Put your weapons down now." Rick said again. I wanted to say something but with the tape over my mouth I couldn't. He suddenly ripped the duck tape off of my mouse causing my face to burn slightly.
"Last words?" He asked holding the gun to my face. Daryl was pretty close and I just wanted to jump into his arms. It was a minute before I spoke
"Let me hug my brother one last time." I said. He hesitated but gave Daryl a motion to come up to me.
"One wrong move and I shoot her." He said as Daryl came up to me. He wrapped his arms around me and since I was bound I couldn't hug back which sucked ass. I started to cry and he hugged me tighter. He whispered something in my ear as he walked away and I barley heard it but I did.
Catch your toes when I say.
He said and I figured that meant duck. I was terrified to what they had planned but I waited for it. Before Gareth started to speak they all shot his men and the women and Rick shot the gun out of his hands once Daryl yelled and I jumped to the ground. Daryl ran over to me and cut off the duck tape behind me and I jump into his arms.
"Thank you." I said still crying. I hear Rick talking to Gareth and k get up.
"Rick!" I yelled holding my hand out for the machete he had.
"I already made you a promise. But I think she can finish it for me." He said handing me the machete. I grip it in my hand tightly and take a deep breath. I lift my arm to swing but I go for his arms. I slice the machete though his arms as he screams in pain. After his arms are falling off I drop the machete and start to punch him. After the first swing he falls to the ground. I get on top of his and repeatedly punch him. Both hands full force. My knuckles were bleeding but I didn't care. I kept going until he didn't make a sound or move. His face was so fucked up and my hands were as well. I realize I have blood all over me. I stand up and everyone is starting at me. I see Carl come out of the room they were all in and he hugs me. I don't hug back I just drop to my knees and cry. Not from the pain in my hands but just for what I did. He held me their as I cried. After my hour of crying I dis not compose myself and see Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Glenn, and Maggie are gone.
"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" I asked only of them. I see Kirsten's face sink into sadness and I jump up walking over to Rick.
"One more time, where are they?" I asked pissed off. He looks away and then Carl comes up behind me.
"They went with them. Abraham decided to leave while you were gone and took them with." He said and I was pissed.  I wanted to punch someone again but the pain in my hands told me no. Carl grabbed my arm and took me into the room they stayed in closing the door. He took out a first aid kit patching up my knuckles from the cuts and wiping away the blood. After he was done I went back out to say good night to Daryl. He hugs me tightly as I did to him.
"I'm going to bed." I said in his ear. He let go nodding and I went back into the room with Carl. I shut the door and sit on the small office couch next to him.
"Did you see?" I asked looking down.

"No, but I saw his face and your hands. Not hard to put the pieces together." He said not looking as well.

"Are you afraid of me?" I asked

"No." He replied

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked

"No." I replied

"Are you ok?" I asked

"Yes."

"Are you ok?" He asked me

"I don't know." I replied leaning my head on his shoulder falling asleep with his arm behind me.