Chapter 33 - Together Again

Jessica's P.O.V

Carol thankfully had a pair of clothes in her bag for me and Kirsten so we put them on. It was 5 sizes to big but it was cold outside so it would have to do. Carl and Glenn got their shirts back since we got the new ones from Carol. We started walking, I don't know where but we did. We ended up in the woods and Carl was now holding Judith. I walked next to him and Daryl. We were walking until there was someone screaming. We all run to the noise seeing this guy on a rock trying to fight off walkers. Their was about six of them and he was screaming help. Daryl, Rick, Michonne, and Abraham kill them.
"Thank you." This guy in a priest uniform jumped off the rock.
"You ok?" Rick asked and he nodded but shortly after threw up and we all backed up.
"Do you have any food?" He asked.
"Some pecans." Carl said handing this guy some.
"Thanks." He said putting them in his pocket. He told us about him and how he had a church taking us their. Rick asked him the questions and we made it back. It was a small church but I'll have to do. We go inside and their was empty cans everywhere. He told us about how they were having an annual canned food drive at the time and so they had some. Carl found this basket for Judith inside this guys office and used it as a crib. We all leaned up against the walls and sat on the floors. I sat down next to Daryl and leaned my head on his shoulder.
"Hey." I said
"You ok?" He asked as I sighed looking around the room.
"I don't think I can be." I said and he pulled me closer to him hugging me. Carl walked outta the room he out Judith in and sat next to me and Daryl.
"Hey." He said sitting down and Daryl let's go of me.
"Hey Daryl my dad wants to talk to you." Carl said and he stood up leaving.
"What about?" I asked Carl getting closer to him.
"I think their going on a run." He said
"Ok, well if they are I'm not going." I said
"Not that I'm complaining because I know dads not gonna let me go but why don't you want to go?" He asked me
"I just don't want to." I said
"Okay." He said quietly.
"Everyone." Rick called out getting everyone to stop talking.
"There's a department store near by. Gabriel said theirs food their but we'd have to clear it out. We have to go now so who's going?" Rick asked and Sasha, Bob, Kirsten, Daryl, Glenn, and Maggie all volunteer.
"Hey Gabe, you need that bus?" Abraham asked Gabriel.
"You can have it." He said
"Ok then I'm going to be working on that." He said looking at Rosita.
"Ok then Jessica, Carl, Tara, and Carol keep an eye on this place while he works on the bus and Gabriel your coming with us." He said to him.
"Now how far away is this place?" I asked Daryl as everyone gathered their things.
"Not too far, just about a 20 minute walk from here." He said and I nod.
"Be safe." I said as they walked out the door. After we all said goodbye Rick told us we should make traps out side the door so we did. We found some pole things and so me, Carl, and Tara shoved them into the ground around the door. Carol watched Judith while we were all outside. After we out about 10 spike pole things into the ground we went inside. Abraham was working on the bus but came inside with us, since it was getting a little bit dark and he couldn't see. We shut the doors and sit down again just me, Carl, Judith, Tara, Rosita, Eugene, Carol, and Abraham. I had Judith and Carl was sitting next to me as she started to fall asleep.
"Your so good with her." He said looking at her falling asleep.
"Thanks." I said quietly. She fell asleep and I put we down in the office and leave the door open so we could hear her. I was getting nervous because it's been a while and their not back yet. I started biting my lip while leaning against the wall.
"What's wrong?" Carl asked
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"You always bite your lip when your nervous or scared." He said smiling.
"I'm fine." I lied
"Jess." He said looking at me crossing his arms.
"I'm just a nervous. Their not back yet." I said
"They'll be back soon. Ricks tough, he wouldn't let anything happen to anyone." Abraham spoke up.
"Thanks." I said and I sat down leaning against the wall. He sat down next to me of course and I laid my head on his shoulder as he put his arm around my waist. Only about 10 minutes later they came in through the door with a lot of food.
"Dam guys." I said helping unload it all. They all smelt terrible
"Did y'all jump in a sewer?" I asked covering my nose.
"Basically." Kirsten said rolling her eyes and we all start to open up the cans and eat. It's pretty late but we light some candles, sitting and talking. Rick is holding Judith while he eats as well. Me and Carl are sitting together and Daryl's just sitting in the corner with Carol. I would usually sit with him but Carols there so I stayed with Carl. Everyone talked and ate having a good time for once. I noticed Kirsten had been getting closer to Glenn which made me happy knowing she was getting closer to someone. They were like a bother and sister kinda thing. We all were talking until Abraham spoke up
"We need you to come to Washington with us. We're gonna need all the reinforcements we can bring. And we want someone to come with us. And we want Glenn and Maggie to come." He finished
"No." Me and Kirsten both say standing up.
"You can't take them." She said defensively
"We need them. I have to make sure Eugene gets their safely and un harmed." He said standing up as well.
"I don't give two shits about how safe Eugene needs to stay. He needs to learn to protect himself and quit acting like a little bitch, get his hands dirty, and kill some walkers!" I yelled not realizing how loud I was.
"Listen princess your not in charge here." He said and I was pissed.
"Princess? Oh hell no." I said and I pulled out my gun aiming it at him until Daryl ran in front of it.
"Jessica stop!" He said and after a minute of hesitation I put the gun down. I sit back down next to Carl and he puts his arm around my waist.
"Dam Jess no one stands up to him." He whispered in my ear.
"He may look tough and be tough for that matter but he ain't taken em away from this group." I whispered back trying to go to sleep.
I fell asleep on Carl's shoulder...