Chapter 22 - Carl

"Hey darlin." He said walking slowly in the room shutting the door.
"Wh-what, how, Wh-when?" I was stuttering
"Shh relax your safe, I'm not gonna hurt you." He said stroking my hair and I tried to jerk away.
"Don't touch me." I hissed
"Why? I'm your dad." He said siting in the other chair.
"What do you want and why did you kidnapped me?"
"I didn't kidnapped you." He said
"Are you fucking serious?"
"Well, Morales did. I watched." He said smirking.
"What the hell do you want? I have a group I need to get back to." I said
"Oh, you mean your little prison buddies? Yeah, they've been looking for you. Keeping watch waiting for you to come back."
"How would you know?" I said back
"I had a few guys go out and look." He said
"Don't bother them, they didn't do anything to you." I said
"Oh I wasn't planning on it. But if they get in my way I have no problem with hurting them." He said and a chill ran through me.
"So, let's catch up. How did you escape?" He asked and I explained the night of the apocalypse and how it was my birthday.
"Dam, it's been a whole year already?" He asked and I looked away from him.
"Got you back just in time." He said grinning
"Let me go." I said back
"Why would I do that?"
"I need to get back to my group and... Daryl." I said quietly
"He's alive?" He asked and I slowly nodded
"Merles gonna be thrilled to see him."
"He's here?" I asked shocked
"Yup, found him. Told me everything about your Atlanta group."
"Well we're not all exactly still together." I replied. He didn't say anything for a minute
"If I left would you scream? Call for help?" He asked standing up.
"No."
"Why?"
"Because I can see you have duck tape and I don't want that shit over my mouth and I can see that these walls are thick anyways so what's the point?" I replied and he looked shocked
"You've gotten smart." He said
"Gotta be." I said back
"Well, I'll be back. You get comfortable." He said shutting the door.
"God dam it." I said struggling to get out of the cuffs.

Carl's P.O.V
I've been walking for a while and haven't found her. Until I heard a noise come near me and I held my gun up. I immediately felt a hand go over my mouth and smack the gun out of my hand putting my hands behind my back pulling out a gun.
"Look, I'm not it the mood to knock you out so your lucky. Now unless you want her to be ok you'll corporate you understand?" This person said holding a gun to my face still cover my mouth. I nodded slowly knowing he was talking about Jessica. He took out some hand cuffs and put my hands behind my back. He ripped a piece of duck tape putting it over my mouth grabbing my arm tightly dragging me away. I was thrown into a car with a bag over my head as the guy drove away. After about 10 minutes the car stopped and he dragged me out. I could hear he was talking to some other guy while grabbing my arm tightly.
"Put him in the other room. Nowhere near her you understand?" The voice said as I was dragged away into this room and the guy took of my cuffs now putting my hands through the chair cuffing me again. He pulled off the bag and left the room. I look around and I'm in this room with giant walls. Soon after this guy left another one came in.
"Hello." He said coming up to me ripping of the tape from my face. He sat down in this chair in front of me.
"What's your name?" He asked but I didn't answer
"Listen, I know you know Jessica and if you don't corporate I will hurt her." He said and I spoke
"Carl." I answered
"So Carl, why were you looking for her?" He asked and I knew if I told him were together he might be worse to us.
"Cause she's one of us." I said and he sighed
"Uh, your a terrible liar son." He said shaking his head.
"What are you talking about?" I asked
"She ever tell you about her past?" He asked and I nodded slightly
"Why?"
"Because if she ever mentioned her father, you got a shocker ahead of you." He said smiling and my eyes widened
"Your her dad?" And he nodded slowly
"Let me guess..... You two are together?" He said and I looked away.
"I knew it." He said again
"Don't hurt her." Was all I said.
"Oh I don't plan on it, but you on the other hand. That's a different story." He said standing up walking closer to me. I gulped waiting for him to do something and then he punched me in the eye. I could feel it throbbing on my face and he punched me again but this time on my lip. There was blood running down my chin and he wiped the blood off his hands.
"Tough kid." Was all he said before leaving.
"I'll be back." He said before shutting the door.

Jessica's P.O.V
My dad came back in and I saw blood on his pants.
"Dam Jess, you pick tough ones." Is what he said standing at the door.
"What are you talking about?"
"Did he give it to you?" He asked pointing to my necklace and I felt sick. I didn't reply and just sat there.
"Come on Jess, don't play dumb here. I know about you and Carl." When he said Carl's name I tensed up.
"He's a tough kid, but I know his weakness and yours." He said and I was getting angry.
"Don't bother him, he didn't do anything!" I yelled
"Oh, Jess the point of me doing this is just for information."
"What kind?" I asked nervously
"Did your group really take over that prison?" He asked and I nodded
"Dam, now your gonna tell me what I wanna know got it?" He said getting in my face but I said nothing.
"Fine, Martinez get him!" He yelled out the door and I knew who he was talking about and I started to sweat. A few seconds later this guy came in dragging Carl inside the room practically throwing him to my dad. His face was all beat up and he was hand cuffed and had duck tape over his mouth.
"Carl!" I yelled as he looked up making eye contact with me. His eye was swollen and his lip was bleeding.
"Wanna corporate now?" Dad asked pulling out a knife putting it at Carl's throat.
"Stop!" I yelled struggling as he put it closer to his neck.
"Oh relax Jess I'm just having fun." He chuckled putting it away.
"Let him go." I said but he of course didn't listen.
"But we just started having fun." He said shutting the door. He walked closer to me still grabbing Carl's arm. When he got to me he threw him in the ground.
"What the hell!" I yelled seeing and watching Carl grunt in pain.
"Oh relax he's fine." He said grabbing the chair and putting it next to me sitting in it.
"What do you want? Just stop hurting him, please." I begged him and he just smiled
"You see, I told you I know your weaknesses." He said looking back at Carl laying in the ground.
"I want that prison." He said
"And you two are gonna help me get it." He said and I was terrified.
"Martinez!" He yelled and this guy came back in pulling out the table and taking the chairs. Dad I took the cuffs off of me but pulling out his gun.
"I'm letting you two stay together but I'm taking everything out of here and you'll be here together. If you try anything I'll kill him right in front of you, got it?" He said taking off my cuffs and I nod. He went over to Carl taking his off to leaving the empty room with no chairs or table or anything. I ran to Carl taking the tape off of his mouth pulling him closer to me.
"I'm sorry." I said slightly crying into his shoulder. He put his arms around my waist grabbing onto me harder.
"It's not your fault, I'm sorry." He said back
"For what your the one that got beat up by my dad?"
"I'm sorry your dads an asshole." He said and we just sat their hugging for a minute. I pulled away looking at his face.
"I'm fine." He said but once I touched his eye he flinched
"Really?" I said looking at it.
"Is it bad?" He asked
"Well, I don't think you'll need stitches but it is swelling." I said and he nodded.
"Ok." He said as I wiped away his blood on his chin.
"We gotta get outta here." I said helping Carl lean against a wall while still sitting.
"How?" He asked
"Honestly I don't know, but we will. We have too."