Chapter 56 - I Have Leverage

(Pretend that isn't Maggie in the pic;)

A/N: Guys OMG this is gonna be long and fucking awesome so prepare y'all selves goes shits gonna get lit🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Rick's P.O.V

Jesus and Shane were telling us about the Hill Top. They had many crops but not really any weapons but knifes. They needed us. He said we will all talk to Gregory. Who is their kinda leader I guess. Our original plan was just to trade and discuss about Neegan's group. Shane said they had a huge place a ways away from here but their was a lot of them. We would have to make a plan but first we need a layout of their building.

So we have been driving for a while and I notice Jessica was fiddling with the necklace Carl gave her. I go over and sit down next to her.

"You ok?" I ask. She sighs and answers

"I'm just nervous. I haven't been on a run in forever and Daryl and Carl aren't here. It's just weird." She said not looking at me.

"You'll be fine, your a Grimes. Or at least, you will be." I smile at her.

"What are yo-..... Oh yeah." She replied. I think she forgot she was engaged to my son which I find funny. I chuckle slightly at her facial reaction

"Did you forget?" I ask

"No, it's just weird. I never thought about it that much till now. With all this time to think, I realize I won't be a Dixion anymore. Getting married never slipped my mind. Especially in the apocolypse." She finished

"Yeah, but hey you'll be a Grimes!" I say sarcastically

"Is that supposed to make me feel better officer smart ass?" She looks up at me

"I mean it was but I see it didn't." I finish

"Stop!" Jesus shouts making everyone flinch and stare at him.

"Stop here, we walk the rest." He saids

"Why?" I ask

"They won't be expecting us. If we show up with you it will be easier than just charging up to the gates." Shane said.

"Alright then, let's go." Abraham said pulling the keys out of the RV. We don't walk for too long and their are two people with spears standing over these huge walls. Kind of like ours but taller.

"Guys it's us! Open the gate, we need to talk to Gregory!" Jesus yells

"Why'd you bring them?" One of the men shouts

"We need them, now open the gate!" Shane yelled. They obeyed his direction and open the gates. We walk inside and there is like little areas of things. People doing laundry, tending to crops, talking, it was calm for now.

"We need to talk to Gregory." Shane saids to a women standing outside this huge building.

"He's busy." She replied

"Not yet he isn't, now open the dam door so these guys can go inside Janet." Shane saids to this women and she stares at us and finally opens the door. We walk inside this kinda home and it's huge. High ceilings and fancy decor everywhere it looked like a museum.

"He'll be right out. Sit, get comfortable." Jesus said as we all examine the room.

"Rick, can I talk to you?" Shane asks and I nod as he pulls me aside.

"Listen to me man, I know things are kinda weird right now but you don't need to forgive me. Just let me inform you on something important. These people, their weak. We only have a small group who knows what the hell their doing. When you go to kill them, please be careful man. Their dangerous. We should in fact have some of ours coming back soon from delivering Neegan his half of the month. So please watch your back man, if anything happens to any of y'all it won't be good." He whispered to me.