Chapter 68 - Neegan

Jessica's P.O.V

I was pregnant. Again. Oh my lord Daryl is gonna kill me. Was all I thought while Carl was downstairs cooking something for Judith. I felt like shit. Which worried me because I didn't start feeling bad until I was at least three or four weeks with Ethan. This worried me a lot, I mean I know that it's not good to be sick but especially not when your pregnant. I just hoped it would blow over soon. I knew I had to tell everyone soon, especially Daryl. It was about 5:30 so I decide to go see him. I haven't seen him since the wedding so I missed him. Yeah, he's my brother but I still miss him. I throw on my shoes and head downstairs.

"Where you going?" Judith asked as I passed by the living room.

"To Daryl's." I said loud enough for Carl to hear in the kitchen.

"Be back soon!" He called and I left. I walk over to Ricks and he opens the door.

"Hey Jess, you feeling ok?" He asked looking at me. I guess I was pretty pale but whatever.

"Fine, just wanna see Daryl." I said. He lets me in and calls Daryl.

"Oh, Judith is still at our house. Can she stay for dinner, Carl's already cooking." I asked Rick.

"Sure, being her over whenever you want." He said and left. Daryl came out of his room eating something.

"Hey." I said. He looks up and sees me.

"Your back?" He asked kinda happy.

"Where did I go?" I asked. He shrugged and immediately hugged me. I hug back of course and he finally lets go.

"What's up?" He asked

"Can't just stop by and say hi?" I ask sitting down.

"No, just curious. Cause last time you wanted to stop by you were pregnant." He said. Shit. I didn't want to tell him yet. Not yet, it wasn't time.

"Na, I just miss dealing with your crazy ass." I laugh

"Uh hu. So how you liking married life Mrs.Grimes?" He asked

"Don't call me that." I said

"But you are." He said

"I know but still. That means your alone." I said

"Na, I'll be fine." He said

"I may be a Grimes but I'll always be a Dixion too." I smile.

"I don't think that's how marriage works." He said finishing his apple.

"I don't think this is how life works but that's what's happing so deal with it." I chuckle.

"I should probably go, Carl's making dinner and watching Judith and Ethan so he'll need help." I said standing. 

"Yeah, but hey I'm going on a run with when Glenn and Michonne come back from theirs." He said.

"By yourself?" I asked

"Yeah." He said

"You already know I'm gonna say be careful, so let me know your leaving before you go ok?" I asked

"Well they didn't leave yet, their leaving tomorrow morning. Then if they don't get back after a few hours I'm going weither they're back or not." He said

"Alright well bye." I said leaving the house. I head back to mine and their is food on the table but no kids or man.

"Hello?" I yell out and get no response

"Jess! Help!" Carl yelled. I immediately run outside to the back and see him chasing Judith. I laugh and relax knowing they're ok.

"You scared the shit out of me Carl!" I yelled picking up my son trying to crawl on the dirty ground. "And why did you leave him here? He'll get dirty!" I say brushing the dirt off of Ethan's shirt.