1- Adopting?

"Greyson! Summer! Jayden! Can you all please come down here now." I hear mum shout even though she could of simply used the intercom. I step out of my room after my two brother Greyson and Jayden and I follow them down the stairs into the living room to be greeted by both mum and dad, which is funny because dad is always at work.

"Kids please sit down." We look at our parents with worried eye wonder what could happen next, maybe we have run out of money or dad is going away for month, again.

Mum and dad look at each other for a while before mum starts.

"We are adopting."

There is a seconds silence before I start laughing slowly followed by my brothers. They are adopting I hope they realise that it isn't actually April fouls day. My laughter soon dies down because by the look on mum and dads face they seem pretty serious.

"Wait you're serious. Goodness why would you adopt, I'm going into year 11 while Jayden and Grey are going into year 12 don't you think a baby might get in the way I mean we are going to be studying all the time and with a baby around that might not be very possible." I say trying to reason with my parents, but now it's their turn to start laughing.

"You... thought... we were... adopting a... BABY?" Mum says in-between laughing. What does she mean I thought they were adopting a baby, what are they adopting an alien or something.

"Hunny we are adopting a teenager." Hell to the no.

"Hold up ok when you said you weren't adopting a baby I started to think you were adopting a dog which would be nice, but a teenager! Are you kidding me you already have three." It was Jayden's turn to talk up because I was to shocked to talk an all and Grey was slowly catching on to what is happening.

"Ok can you guys just stay quiet and let us explain. When me and your mother started going out for real it was something we were both passionate in, adopting. But as time went on we had you guys and by then the hotel business started growing internationally. So for a few years now we have been talking about adopting someone at a teenage age because all their life they have been going in and out of foster care  homes and we just want to offer them a real home." Ok to be honest I never thought of it like that I brought a tear to my eye thinking about it, imagining never having a real family, there are probably so many children out there that don't have a place to call home.

"Do it." I say voicing my thoughts.

"What?" Everyone asks.

"I said do it, adopt a teenager of any age just give them a place to call home for once in their life, give them a real family." The next thing I know my mum gathers me in a massive hug and doesn't let go. She says 'thank you' over and over again and it makes me happy to know this is something she really wants.

I am Summer Blue Young, I am 16 years old and I'm not going to lie I have a pretty perfect life. I have twin brothers Greyson and Jayden who are overly annoying but at the same time they are the best brothers on earth, I also have a mum and a dad. We are quite a happy family a part from when dad goes on constant business trips expanding the family business but he does it for us. I could never ask for a better family but what will happen when we get the new addition?