4~What Zach Thinks

The drive home after school was pretty silent apart from the little chatter the boys were having at the front, me and Zach didn't usher a word. When we come to a stop in the garage I hop out of the car and into the house and make it inside up to my bedroom.

I change out of the clothes I wore to school and change into my sweat pants and a tank top. I then make my way down stairs to get something to eat. As I make my way down stairs I can't help but listen in to what the boys are saying.

"There's something about him that just doesn't seem right." That's Zach but who is he talking about.

"I know we have tried to tell her but she refuses to believe us, he is using her for popularity he doesn't love her, without her he is nothing." Grey says agreeing with Zach. Who's using who? I hate people who use other people it annoys me so much.

"She has to see that he isn't good for her, he will break her heart when he gets what he wants." Zach says concerned.

"He is on the football team and is next in line for captain when we leave, that is when he will break her heart when he finally gets everything he ever wanted." Jay says with the same concern.

"He used to be a nobody till he got accepted into the football team then Summer took an interest in him." Grey says, wait he said my name,  why are they talking about me. I take another step down but slip and miss the step falling to the bottom.

"Summer are you alright?" They all say at once.

"Wait were you listening to our conversation?" Jay says taking a step back from me. I look away trying to hide the fact that I was listening.

"You were so listening!" Grey says.

"So what if I was why did you say my name?" I ask curiosity taking control.

"You know how we feel about Chase." Jay states.

"That was about Chase. Wow you guys think so low of him he isn't using me, we are in love. I'm disappointed your on their side with this Zach."

"But maybe they are right about Chase what if he is using you for popularity and probably even money." Zach say taking sides.

"Whatever you guys are all just jealous that I'm in love and you guys don't even have girl friends." I turn around and start to storm up the stairs.

"I think I'm going to join the football team if that's alright with you." I over hear Zach say. I turn around and storm back down the stairs.

"You can't even play football." I shout with a tint of laughter in my voice, good luck getting in the football team if you can't play.

"I never said I couldn't play I just said it wasn't my thing but I'm having a change of heart. When are the next trials held?" What is Zach planing now?

"Actually your just in time. They are being held at the end of the week." Grey says.

"Grrrrr." I grunt before storming back up the stairs and this time I don't turn around. I barge into my bedroom, slam the door shut and jump on my bed in frustration.

Last year Jayden and Grey sat me down to talk about Chase and they told me that they didn't have a good feeling about him but they are all wrong we are in love and nothing will change that, not even next year when Chase will get captain of the football team, he might be a bit busier but we will aways make it work.

I hear my phone vibrate next to me and I pick it up to see Darcy calling.

"Hey Darc whats up." I greet her.

"Hey girl, just though I should let you know a lot of us girls were talking after school and the new talk is Mr Zachary. You don't know how many girls are calling their dibs on him." She says letting me in on all the gossip.

"You better not be one of them."

"Oh gosh of course not, I wouldn't go there. Anyway hun why do you sound annoyed."

"Gosh you know me to damn well. The boys were talking about Chase and how they think he is just using me."

"They are just trying to protect you, it's their duty. Try to understand that." I nod but then realise she can't see me.

"Yeah I guess."

We chat about other things before we say goodbye. I scroll through all my social media, making sure to reply to most of my snapchats and comment nice things on peoples instagram posts. I'm scrolling through Facebook when I hear a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I question hoping its John or mum, dad left for another business trip this morning.

"It's me." Zach says popping his head in, "Can I come in?" I roll my eyes but nod any way and he walks in and takes a seat at the end of my bed.

"What exactly is it that you want, because if you can't tell I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone."  I say getting straight to the point.

"I just wanted to apologise, I'm sorry for saying all that stuff about Chase but I'm your brother now and I have to protect you." I nod understanding because Darcy just explained it.

"Why do you think he is using me though?"

"You are popular Summer, today was only my first day and as soon as a stepped foot out of the car I knew you were the reason for everyones eye. Your more popular than Blair Woldorf from gossip girl. You are the head girl and every girl needs a man so Chase made himself that man only to be popular and so everyone knows him. But that's only my view on things." I crack a smile because he compared me to Blair Woldorf.

"You've seen gossip girl?" I ask really worried.

"After all that its the first question you ask. But yes I have seen a bit of gossip girl, don't judge." I throw my head back in laughter, I can not imagine Zach sitting there happily watching gossip girl.

"Why did you decide to join the football team?" I ask another question.

"Honestly I don't want Chase to become captain."

"And what makes you think you will get it?"

"You'll see on friday."

"What's on friday." I ask unsure.

"The football game silly."

"I love how you are so confident your getting in." I giggle.

"Confidence is the key, without confidence you can't get anywhere." He is spot on with that.

"Ok another subject change. How was your first day of school?" I ask because I haven't asked him yet which is rude of me.

"It was ok I guess, I just have to find where I belong."

"What do you mean."

"I got to work out who my friends are."

"I'm your friend my friends are your friends." I say still confused as to what he is saying.

"I'm sorry Sum but your crowd has never really been my type of crowd, as much as I would like to change who I was I don't think I can." He drops his head and plays with his fingers.

"And who is that person?"

"I'm a bad boy Summer, I don't care about other people and I use girls for my own pleasure. I'm sorry if you thought higher of me." I was hoping he wasn't that type of person but something in me already knew so it didn't hurt as much. But I'm just scared of what might happen between us, what if he shuts me out. Grey goes in and out of the bad boy ways but something tells me Zach's bad boy ways are a bit more full on.

"Don't worry I would never dream of hurting you, your my little sister I can't imagine you hurt." I smile at that.

"I'm not that much younger." We laugh and continue with light chatter about random things. Later we have dinner and at 11pm I call it a night and fall fast asleep.

------------
Hey guys please comment some feed back of what you think and don't forget to vote while your here xx