16// "Summer's missing!"

Summer

The throbbing in my head wakes me up from a deep slumber. I move a little to the side and my whole body starts to ache. I whimper in pain and fall back onto the bed.

"Blue?" I hear for beside me. Someone calls me Blue, only one person, Grandpa.

"Hmmm?" I manage to get out still with my eyes closed falling back asleep.

"Hey Blue open your eyes." That doesn't sound like grandpa. I slowly peel my eyes open and I'm greeted by darkness with specks of light.

"Umm can you please turn my light on?" I ask quietly. Moments later the light is turned on and I'm welcomed by a bright room. When my eyes adjust to the light I notice that I'm not in my room. There are machines everywhere surrounding me and I turn to see...

Everything floods back as soon as I look into his beautiful  eyes. It's not grandpa, it's Zach. He came to my rescue again.

"I can't believe your finally wake Blue." He starts walking over slowly.

"Zach how long have I been out?" I ask worried.

"You've been out for about 18 hours. How are you feeling?"

"I'm a little sore but I'll be ok I guess."

"I hate him Summer, I tried to hold him after the fight but you were going pale and I panicked and let go of him, I had to stay with you."

"It's fine Zach we will deal with him when the time comes," I say softly, "Can I go home?"

"Summer it's like 2am and you just woke up."

"I know but I hate hospitals."

"You can go after the doctor looks at you in the morning."

"But Zach-"

"No buts Summer."

"But I'm not tired and you clearly are."

"I'm not tired."

"Zach it looks like you haven't slept all night and add stress onto that. Basically you look like shit."

"Gee thanks Blue."

"Any time."

We talk for hours, then watch the sun come up, which is beautiful by the way. I don't know what I would do without Zach, he keeps me grounded. The doctor comes a few hours later detaching me from all the machines but apparently I have to stay till at least 6pm tonight, guess what, that ain't happening.

"Zach I am not staying here till six!" I state as soon as the doctor leaves.

"Yes you are Summer, in order for you to get better." He says sternly. I'm just going to have to come up with a little plan that Zach most definitely won't like.

It feels like hours go by before it's finally lunch time and my plan comes into play.

"Are you hungry?" Zach asks.

"Yeah I am actually. Can I please have chicken nuggets?" I plead.

"Of course." He says and walks out the room.

I jump out of bed wasting no time. I change into my clothes that I'm meant to change into later tonight. I do my hair and make myself look half decent and not like I've just recently woken up from being knocked out. I put my hair down to hide the bruise on my face and I'm ready to go.

I walk out of my hospital room checking if the coast is clear and head out of this hell hole it doesn't take me long to get to the waiting room and that's when I know I'm close to getting out. I make it out the doors with no interruptions but then I realise I have no way of getting home. I head to the nearest person I see.