9// "I want to help you"

I cry out in pain as my head whips so fast that my body starts to fall with it, I am saved by two strong arms that slowly bring me back to my feet as I continue to cry out in pain and cradle my head in my hands.

I've never felt this pain it shot through my whole body and to think that Chase did this to me...

Everything happened so fast after that. I was suddenly in the arms of someone I didn't know yet cause my vision was blurred and my head was spinning  but I could make out Zach's figure. He tackled Chase to the ground and sent punch after punch.

"How dare you do that!" I hear Zach shout.

"How dare you touch her like that. Keep your fûcking hands to yourself." Zach continues to shout curses while he continues to throw punches at Chase who is no doubt unconscious.

He is ripped off Chase and he stands up turning around to look at me. He runs the 5 small foot steps that seperate us and when he reaches me he looks me over looking at the damage to my face and the tears streaming down like a water fall.

"I'm taking her home." Zach announces to the person keeping me up right.

"Alright we will be home soon." I hear that it is in fact Jay that's holding me.

Zach reaches out to take my hand in his and Jay releases his hold on me. I take one step and almost fall. My head just won't stop spinning and I can't see a thing. The next thing I know I am lifted into Zach's arms and he starts carrying me bridal style out of the house and to the car which is a long walk away. I snuggle into his chest and continue to cry, call me a princess I don't care, but the fact that one, my boyfriend hit me and two, the pain, put that together and it creates water works.

We reach the car and Zach lifts me into the passenger seat and put my seatbelt on for me. He jogs to the drivers side and in no time we are off. Not one of us speaks a word the only sound being my quiet sobs.

Zach pulls into our driveway and I don't bother trying to move cause my head is still spinning and I feel like I'm going to vomit. He carries me into the house and places me on the couch. No one is home and the house is just so quiet.

"Sum?" He questions.

"Yeah?" I ask wiping a stray tear.

"Are you ok?"

"No not really." I reply honestly.

"Let me go get you some ice." He stands up and exits the room. He returns seconds later with frozen peas.

"It hurts but I don't know if my head hurts more or how I feel on the inside. My very own boyfriend didn't even remember me standing there, he was to focused on hurting you. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise Summer it wasn't your fault that dastard had to much to drink and went to far."

"I know but I can't help but feel responsible. I mean I didn't even congratulate him after the game so that's why he was pissed in the first place."

"That still doesn't make it ok that he punched you. It should have been me who was hit instead."

"Don't worry about it Zach I'll probably be mad at Chase for a few days then everything will be back to normal."

"Your not breaking up with him?"

"No, he was drunk and it was partly my fault." I explain. "Hey I'm really tired mind helping me upstairs?" I don't actually need to be carried this time but have Zach next to me for support is much needed.

"Goodnight Summer. Are you going to be alright getting ready for bed?" Zach asks as we reach my bedroom door.

"I'll be fine. Thank you for helping me. Goodnight." I watch as he walks across the hall and enters his own room.

I get dressed into one of Greys large t-shirts that I stole, I decide to not put any pants on cause it's not comfy. I brush my teeth, take off my makeup and brush my hair before sliding into bed.

I toss and turn for what feels like hours and I just can't seem to fall asleep. I pick up my phone for my night stand and send Zach a quick text hoping not to wake him if he's asleep. Seconds later my bedroom door opens and Zach enters my room.

"Hey Zach can you come sleep next to me? I can't sleep." I say looking in his direction.

"That makes two of us." He says walking over to the other side of the bed and scooting underneath the covers. We both lay there just staring up and the ceiling. I turn to my side and snuggle into Zach, he puts his arms around me and pulls me closer. After that it doesn't take me long at all to get to sleep.
~~~~~

I find myself waking about at about 4am and I notice that Zach is no longer sleeping next to me. I look around my room and he is no where to be found. I even look on the floor to see if he had fallen out. I get out of bed making my way to the door when I notice movement on my balcony. I walk out into the morning chill and I see Zach sitting there looking up at the stars with a... cigaret in his mouth.

"Zach?" I question taking a step closer.

"Hmmmm." Are says blowing the smoke out of his mouth.

"Why are you out here?" I ask concerned.

"I'm just thinking." He replies.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No not really. Hey hows your jaw feeling?" He asks blowing out another puff of smoke.

"It's fine. Zach why are you smoking?" I say changing the topic.

"I don't smoke all the time, but I do when I need to be relaxed. If you want me to be honest with you, I normally smoke weed but I don't have any."

"Zach there is nothing you can't tell me, I'm always here for you but please try and quit this habit of yours."

"I would love to try but there is no other solution Summer, without it I'm a lost cause."

"I want to help you."

"Trust me you don't, you don't want to know why I smoke or help me out of it cause I'm likely to bring you down with me. I wouldn't say it if it hadn't happened before."

"I'm toxic Summer and I'm sorry for coming into your life." A stray tear rolls down my face.

"Never be sorry for coming into my life, you are the best thing that has happened to me. You are the true best friend I never had. Because as much I don't like to admit it I know that Darcy isn't in it forever. But I will love her as my best friend as long as I have to. I also hope things will work out with Chase cause I want to imagine forever with him." I look down not knowing what to expect and Zach blows the last puff of smoke and crushing the bud under his foot. He stands up and walks back into my room.

I walk back in to find him holding his head in his hands.

"Zach I'm here for you, for anything." I say crouching down in front of him.

"Why do you seem so good at protecting everyone around you? Just someone you seem like a dead end." Zach looks deeply into my eyes.

"Because I am a dead end Zach."

"Why does it seem like I'm the only one that can see that?"

"Because your the only one I can't fool. I had a friend like you once, I could never fool her but she fooled me and thats the end of that story for now." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guess I think I'm going to start setting goals to update the next chapter, so 10 reads and 2 votes and I'll update 

thank you for reading please comment and vote xx