21// What if she doesn't love me back?

Summer's POV

The weekend was slow and painful, he never came home, not once. No matter how late I stayed up he never came. I cried worrying where he was, he didn't call or text he just left. Is he still at Amy's? I don't know but I don't care. I will learn to live without him.

"I can do it." I whisper to myself in my dark room at the early hour of 5am this Monday morning.

I got so used to him sleeping in my bed that now I have to put pillows there so it stays warm. I got so used to cuddling into his chest that I sprayed his aftershave on the pillows, I did everything to make it seem like he was still here but so far it's not really working.

I fell lost without him and it's only been two days.

I roll out of bed and walk into my bathroom, turning the shower on hot and stepping in. The water stings my skin but it feels good. I stay in the shower for a good 40 minuets before getting out and getting ready for school. I get dressed into jeans and an over sized jumper before realising that it's Zach's hoodie. I go to take it off but I cant it's to warm and it feels like him.

Goodness Summer you didn't even react like this when you broke up with Chase.

But this is different, Zach is my best friend, my brother. I cant live without him.

I cover my dark circles with concealer and apply a little mascara. I then go down stairs for breakfast.

"Hey SB your down early." Jayden says when I enter the kitchen.

"Yeah I guess." I reply back.

"What's up sis you haven't been yourself." Greyson picks up.

"I don't know just tired I guess, need to catch up on sleep." I lie.

"Ok. Well don't wake up so early then." Greyson laughs off.

I just put on the best smile I can and pick an apple out of the fruit bowl. I notice Jayden looking at me with wary eyes but I just smile at him in reassurance.

I'm glad they didn't ask about Zach cause I don't know what I would have said. We finish our breakfast and brush our teeth then we are off to school, unfortunately.

I wonder if he will come to school. We sit next to each other in nearly every class, I don't know if I can sit that close to him and pretend nothing is wrong. I walk with my head down through the doors of school and I know people are picking up that I'm not with Zach, we walk into school together everyday, but not today.

I have no one anymore, this has been my biggest fear, yeah sure I have Jayden and Greyson but they go to collage soon.

"Summer?" I hear from behind me.

"Ariel?" I say already knowing its her.

"I need to talk to you, I don't expect you to believe me I just need to tell you." She explains.

"Here? Right now?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Lunch? At the tree?" She asks and I nod. We say our goodbyes before parting ways to our seperate classes.

He didn't come, not to the first class, not the second and not the third. I walked out of class when the bell went signalling lunch. I walked to the tree out back, it was our tree, it fit the two of us perfectly but when she betrayed me none of us visited that tree and no one dared to touch it.

Ariel was already at the tree when I arrived. I sat down next to her and I looked around to see people look at us with wide eyes.

"What is it you need to talk about?" I ask.