24// Let Him go back to His Drugs & Girls

Summer

I was avoiding Zach like the plague. When we got home I ran up to my room and locked the door. He thought I was scared, constantly knocking on my door telling me that Marcus wouldn't touch me.

I didn't give a rats ass about Marcus.

I was mad at Zach. He didn't care to mention that he knew Noah all this time, keeping me away from him. Why so he didn't have to tell me the truth? Well guess what Zach, I always find out the truth.

I was scared you know, but I was scared that I wouldn't be strong enough to let Zach go. As long as I'm in the picture Marcus can harm Zach and everyone else but as soon as I call things quits Zach can go back to his drugs and his girls and I can be forgotten.

I'll just be the girl who sleeps across the hall.

I adventured out of my room and went straight down stairs into the garage and into my car before anyone could stop me. I made my way over to Ariel's house knowing that she was there for me now and I needed her help.

"Come in Sum." She says opening the door for me.

We walk to her bedroom and I immediately take a seat feeling exhausted.

"What's happening? You don't look so good. Did Zach do something?" She throws out.

"It's not that he did something it's that he is capable of doing something." I explain.

"And what is he capable of doing Summer?" She questions.

"Breaking my heart." I whisper.

"What can you do about that?" She says quietly.

"Let him go back to his drugs and girls."

"And what's the point in that? You will just have to watch him play with girls all the while you sit on the side lines."

"But it will be easier that way."

"Summer just admit it to yourself."

"Admit what?"

"You are scared to fall in love." She smiles.

"I've been in love before Ariel I can get over it."

"You told yourself you were in love. You never were, you never have been. Not until Zach turned up."

"I've been in love. What about Chase that was love."

"That was way to easy to be love Summer. Love is so much more than saying "I love you" to a person. Love has to be shown through action and emotion."

"Jesus when did you get so deep?" I chuckle.

"They are just the words I've wanted to tell you for far to long, watching you waltz around school with Mr Chase on your arm, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you that that's not love because then it would have started a fight and I hated when we would fight."

"Well I don't know what to do, there are so many complications."

"When has that ever stopped you?"

"Well never."

"Exactly. So go do what you have to do and bloody hell Summer just open yourself up to love!"

I nod giving her a hug and running out the door to my car. It's getting dark now and I have a few missed calls from Zach but I don't respond I just get in my car and drive.

"Where the bloody hell have you-" I cut Zach off jumping into his arms and planting my lips on his.

It doesn't take him long to react and he is kissing me back in no time.