2~ Welcome to the family

I wake up this morning and call my best friend Darcy to organise a get together at the beach before the summer holidays are over and we have to go back to school. I skip down the stairs to tell mum and dad about my plans.

"Mummy? Daddy?" Yes I know I seem like a 2 year old.

"In the kitchen sweetie!" Mum shouts out. I make my way to the kitchen and sit down at the breakfast bar with my parents.

"Can I go to the beach today? Pretty please." I ask with puppy dog eyes.

"Awww not today hunny we want you home, we are going to the adoption centre today so we want you to be here when we hopefully bring someone home." Dad says kindly.

"But daddy holidays are almost over and I was at home all day yesterday I need to get out. I'll come home when you are home." I say begging.

"I'm sorry Summer not today it's a special day, do something with your brothers in the yard." My face falls but I know I shouldn't argue with him right now it's just I want to see Darcy and my boyfriend Tyler and all my other friends but I'm going to have to cancel.

Me: Hey D, sorry have to cancel plans dad won't let me out of the house. Xx

Darcy: Oh that's to bad S we will catch up another time. Xx

I storm away and make my way back in my room and plan to not come out for the rest of the day.

"We will see you kids later we are off." Dads voice comes through the intercom. I start to scroll through Facebook but I soon turn it off because everyone seems to have plans for today and I'm the only one that isn't getting out of the house, I decide to just turn my phone completely off and I head to me ensuite bathroom to take a much needed bath. When I get out I don't dress into anything over the top because once again I'm not going anywhere so I change into loose nike shorts and a tank top before going to see what my brothers are doing.

"Grey I swear I will beat you so don't even try." Well they are playing video games of course it's probably some shooting game with blood and guts. I walk in to the living room, separating Grey and Jay's rooms, to see them playing Mario cart.

"Gosh Grey over take him already." I say from behind them making them jump a little.

"Summer what does it look I'm trying to do, Jay keeps cutting me off. Oh and look at that I lost. Far out!" Grey says upset.

"Let me play." I say picking up the third remote. I win the first two games before Grey wins one then I win the next and finally Jay takes out the last one. "I win, I win you lose, beat that just because I'm a girl and I'm younger doesn't mean I can't beat you two." I carry on like this for ages before they both shut me up by tickling me, which in a way doesn't really shut me up because I start laughing but on well.

"Stop! Stop! You guys are- squishing- me." I say in between laughter. They finally stop tickling me and we all sit back and laugh.

"Kids were home, and there is someone we'd like you to meet." We hear mum say as she actually walks up stairs for once, I'm guessing she has been calling us for a while but we couldn't hear over the laughter. The three of us freeze when she says there is someone she wants us to meet, I mean I'm happy but they adopted on the first day they went, but I trust my parents they would have made the right choice.

We slowly make our way down stairs, and by slowly I mean one step at a time literally. We then round into the living room and all at the same time the three of us freeze. Even though it's a back facing me I can tell it's a guy because of his scruffy short dark blonde hair, I'm not disappointed it's just now I'll have three brothers, I was kind of hoping mum and dad would bring home a girl but it doesn't matter as long as they are happy.