23// What is your heart telling you?

Summer

~Few days later~

Am I happy?

Yes, of course I am. But how long will my happiness last?

Everyone is faced with complications. For me lately that seems like all the time, but Zach makes that all go away, until my head starts to talk.

He's the bad boy Summer.

It's only a matter of time before he goes back to his player ways.

It's better to stay away.

I try to push all the negative thoughts out of my head but deep down I know it's true, I cant expect Zach to drop everything for me, I ask for to much.

I don't know if I can take another heart break. Especially not from Zach.

I can't lose him.

There are some sacrifices you have to make in life and this might have to be one of mine.

I decide to get out of bed cause there is no chance of falling back asleep. I pick up my phone and the time reads, 5 am. I scoot out of Zach's arms trying not to wake him.

"Summer?" He mutters. Shit.

"Go back to sleep I'm going to the bathroom." I lie and he snuggles into the pillow and in seconds he is back to sleep.

I open my closet and change into long running pants and pull a jumper over my sports bra. I pull up my hair and slip on my joggers before heading downstairs and start jogging.

It's been so long since I've gone for a run.

The cool breeze wakes me up and I pump my legs harder.

I stop and the park a few blocks away and hop on the swings. I don't swing I just sit there and think.

And I watch as the sun rises higher and higher.

"I'm surprised to see you here." A voice comes from behind me and I jump.

"Jesus Noah you scared me." I relax catching my breath from the scare.

"So what are you doing here?" He asks sitting on the other swing.

"I could ask you the same thing." I retort.

"Yeah but I asked first." He smirks.

"I was going for a run and decided to stop at the park. Your turn."

"Not a very good excuse but I can live with it. I come here to think."

"At 5:15am?"

"Your here thinking at 5:15am so why cant I?"

"I never told you I was here to think."

"Yeah I know but I could tell."

"So what you thinking about?" I wonder what could possibly be on his mind.

"Would you answer if I asked you that question?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No."

"Exactly."

"But I mean your Noah you don't seem like anything should be wrong."

"Does it seem like there's anything wrong with Zach when you just look at him?"

"Well no."

"But is there something wrong?"

"Maybe."

"Don't judge a book by it's cover. Zach and I are very much a like."

"Why does it seem like you have the same problems as Zach?"