Ch.14 A field of innocence

Opening the door, Babs expected a messy house. Yet it was as if no one was home for the last week. Her dark brown hair was tied in a bun. Her cheeks pink and her lips pursed together. Her worry raised the roof, she stomped up the stairs. "Jonathan?"

She opened his door and flew in. He woke up startled, his hair a mess and his white back on display. "Mom?"

She could tell he hasn't been eating well. His face sunk in yet his stomach had a pouch.

She got closer and could tell her son hasn't been taking showers. "Honey wash up." She held her nose as Jonathan shook his head.

"Fine -wait it's like five in the morning!" He got up while his mom went through his closet.
"Take a shower Jonathan!" She raised her voice which made his dad run to the room. Jonathan smirked at the sight and wobbled to the restroom.

Evan was out for a run around this time. He was back home, seeing a car next door. Licking his lips he went inside and quietly shut the door. Taking a shower he thought about his success. He got accepted to work at Platinum Gaming Co. Which gives him big opportunities to do other things. He could leave his position at the high school, he plans to soon.

His mother picked out a baby blue sweater, and black jeans. The smell of sweet sausage and crisp bacon, made Jonathan put on his sweater backwards. His father ate bacon slowly watching his son pour syrup on his pancakes.

"Boy." His father said as put an elbow on the table.
Jonathan perked his head up. "Your sweaters on wrong."
Jonathan looked down at his clothing and mindlessly took it off. His mother shook her head in disapproval while his father laughed with bacon in his mouth. "Better?"

Jonathan felt a ping coming from his phone,

Marcel: Yo where the fuck have you been J? Are you okay.
Ha that rhymes.

J: yeah my parents came back. not coming to school

Marcel: gtg but I'll call you later.

He laughed and smiled at the table with his parents. His mother held his hands and looked into his eyes. He furrowed his brows.

"We were discussing this on our trip and we think moving to Colorado would be good for all of us."
Jonathan scoffed, making his parents a little angry. "I'm barely a junior, I already have enough stress from school. What about my friends? What about all memories of me in this house? Do you guys not think of how this affects me?"

Babs eyes twitched. "Your father and I want a new change of scenery. You may of had wonderful memories here but have you forgotten about-"

Jonathan interrupted his teary eyed mother, "Oh come on mother. You should've left this house the minute it happened but you decided it was best if I stayed close to my friends. Why the sudden change?"

"We have done nothing but cherish you. Forgive me if I cause such a pain for wanting to leave the home where my daughter was taken."

"I want to see Luke." His words echoed, caused chaos in his parents' eyes. His mother stood still, ready to run up the stairs to sob into her sheets.

     "And I want to see my daughter but he took her away from me." His father stepped in. His voice stern and strained. Jonathan took a step back. "Then I'll go myself."

   Evan looked around his class and felt hollow. He rolled his eyes at the fact that Craig
was talking when the instructions were being outspoken.

  "Craig go sit in the back alone!"

"Will do." The calm lad responded, sitting all the way in the back all by himself.

The bell rang and he groaned internally.

"Alright kids have a safe day. Remember to complete your animation!"

   He has been contemplating about his resign. For Christ-sakes he hasn't even told his wife about the new job offer. Thoughts about Jonathan often reoccurred.

Jonathan's laugh. It was loud and obnoxious to the point that Evan would get a headache. His smile was big, he wasn't afraid to show his teeth. He had immense eyes, light hazel with dark brown around his pupil. Red cheeks that complimented his pale skin. He was beautiful, a little bit too sexual with jokes yet still glorious.

   He shuddered when he thought about Jonathan's body. His slim, small figure in a way made him jealous. He longed for his youth and his ignorance, the excitement that lingered onto him.

He wanted to run after him. He needed to see him again.

However Evan was far from Jonathan's mind. He sat at his porch remembering the horrid night.

  "What did you do Jon?'' Luke stepped back, eyes ample from terror.

    "She gets me so mad sometimes. I just threw the control at her head.'' Jonathan's lip trembled.

   Luke gulped echoed, his adams apple visually bobbing up and down. "A controller doesn't cause this type of damage."

   "Well.'' Jonathan swayed his hips. He looked up with puppy dog eyes. "I got my dads award and- He took the metal object out of the nearby drawer. He handed it to Luke, his small hands stable compared to Luke's shaking ones.

   Luke opened his mouth to speak but couldn't. He grabbed the dripping red award. His eyes watery and slowly turning red.

  "She was mean. I think I was right.'' Jonathan licked his lips and walked over the lifeless body. Luke stood still while Jonathan buried himself in Luke's lower waist. He was at lost for words, so gone he didn't say anything when police questioned him. Finding Jonathan's and Luke's DNA at the scene confused the police.  Jonathan stood quiet. During court he was ready to hear Luke say it was Jonathan, he was ready to go.

  It was till Luke spoke with a rasp that they concluded their investigation. "I killed her. Sorry.'' 

He grew angrier at his parents and the police but yet he wondered why Luke took the blame. He begged his parents on his hands and knees, "Please let me see him.''

    To this day, Jonathan still doesn't know why. He has to see him.