Ch.21 "The Male Uterus"

When Jonathan woke up, Marcel abruptly stopped the car. Craig fell forward but the two in the front weren't paying attention. "You lied to me!?"

"No I was just waiting to give you a actual truthful response. Besides I wasn't so sure until now.''

Marcel parked in the lot, letting Jonathan get out first.They both were scared to even go in. The store carried a test determining if Jonathan's life is over or not.

"Here's the baby section you were looking for." Marcel whispered.

Jonathan rolled his eyes. In his hands he carried a pregnancy test made for males. It was hard to carry this burden if the test is positive. Death is the norm for male pregnancies. It's a controversial debate that's brought to health boards all over the world. Men cannot carry a baby like a woman can, it's rare but it's possible. Nature evolves, Jonathan is one of the many that can. He also can survive this. He shook off his worry and thought about a different outcome. The negative.

The cashiers eyebrows raised when she saw the teens items. "You two must be getting ready for a big night."

Jonathan's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He examined what he paid for. Razors ,cologne, the test, and condoms.

"Um Marcel what's up with the extra materials on the counter?"

"When we get back I have a date.'' Marcel raised his eyebrows. Hinting that he was going to have sex with whoever he was going out with.

The cashier smiled, "Oh well Good luck."

Jonathan shook his head down, cheeks red.

"Are you done?" Marcel was waiting outside the gas station restroom. His hands cold and random truck drivers eyeing him.

"Alright it's going to take a minute. Which gives me a minute of worrying about nothing or losing my whole life." Jonathan got out holding the stick. Craig stuck out his tongue in disgust. Shaking his body, seeing the stick in the air.

"If you are pregnant? Who's the dad?" Marcel was loud. The truck drivers kept looking over, trying to see the drama.

Jonathan stood quiet. Then Marcel sighed, Craig moved closer. Vouching for approval to speak. Marcel gestured them to follow him to the car. They all sat for a little, hearing the engine tick, until Marcel starting driving. The sunset came up, seeing Luke made Jonathan feel a little better, just a little.

"I didn't know it already formed. Like I had sharp pains and I just guessed that was from a tummy ache but holy shit. I have a fucking uterus." Jonathan banged his head against the soft headrest.

"Did you know that they officially named it. They call it The male Uterus." Craig joked as he ate hot cheetos in the back.

"Wow what a name." Marcel's monotone voice made Craig chew with his mouth open. Which made Marcel hit him with an empty water bottle.

"It's a pretty big thing." Craig said after massaging his head that was just hit. He calmed down after being assaulted.

"Do you think it's been a minute?" Jonathan look scared and tired, really tired. Craig was about to speak but stopped himself. Knowing it wasn't time to be funny.

"Most likely. You should check. I would check but you peed on it so." Marcel was trying to look at the test while driving, dodging cars trying to pass him. Jonathan slowly picked up the test. His vision almost went blurry.

Marcel and Craig looked at the test in front of them.

Pure silence.

The married couple attended a picnic at their friends vineyard. Evan looked at his wife and saw the women he fell in love with. She kept making everyone laugh, even the kids liked her. It didn't make sense on how toxic she was. Evan started to think he was the one who was doing wrong.

He was the one sleeping around, with the youth. This created a conflict. One that severely affected their own child. They didn't care, they still were kids in love, despite their adult age.

Evan forgot about Jonathan. He convinced himself everything would be back to normal. They always did this but ended being together. Madly in love like newlyweds who dearly missed each other. He was going to leave his job and she was going to get one. They could live their new lives the way they wanted to.

When they left their friends picnic, the happy couple laid with each other, in the big bed that they shared. The expensive sheets below them, soften their skin.

While looking into her iris, his mind got lost. He saw Sydney one minute but then she disappeared.

Jonathan's figured took over her. He closed his eyes and then looked up at Evan with a beautiful smile. Evan smiled back, in bliss.

"Let's have another kid." Sydney kissed Evan's neck. Indulging him, making him blush.

"Yeah... let's." Evan fell into her embrace and didn't want to leave. Even if it meant leaving Jonathan, again.