Ch.19 Masquerade of Throe

Sydney knew it, Evan had to be cheating. That boy was his virtue from her. She closed her eyes and went up to the room she shared with Evan. The window was open, the bed nicely made. A bed that was made for two but has been slept on by only one.

She knew Jonathan was going to make Evan feel different. She was offered a position at the school, Evan currently worked at. She's going to take it, she wants to see how close he is with that boy.

  Evan stared at the clock, as his class made different creations. They were all occupied while he got lost in his thoughts. He'd leave by the end of the year, he'd move his family far from here where Jonathan isn't at. His temptation will be out of reach and it'll all go back to normal. It was that simple. This school wasn't going to miss him and he didn't make a huge impression on this colleagues, they found him attractive but that was it. His students did grow close to him. They came to him with their problems, they even gave him the gossip about certain students he never imagined would be so untamed. One rumor in particular made his ears perk up, so involved and interested on the latest story from the grapevine. "Jonathan Smith is pregnant."

     A ringing tone in his ears made his surroundings blur, he could feel his heartbeat beating in and out of his chest. The bell rang, snapping him out of his slumber. In came in his curvaious coworker, Miss Malika. She was a tall, fair skinned woman. She often wore bell-bottom jeans with large wedges that made her look even taller than she already was. Some of his associates would call her an WNBA player behind her back. She was a scandalous woman that Evan deemed insecure. He still gave her his time of day since she could carry a conversation pretty well even if she wanted validation constantly.

She offered him oranges today. He could see it dyed her fingertips orange, she must've been munching on them for a while.

    "Okay Mister." She pulled an empty chair from the side and sat right in front of him. She peeled the orange, a little bit of the juice squirting on the desk. Evan adjusted himself in his seat, smiling with glee.

      "You know Jonathan? Little delirious boy.'' Malika popped a slice in her mouth chewing, waiting for Mr. Vanoss to say something. Evan's smile fell and he nodded his head.

    ''Well people think he's dating Ohm but he's sleeping around with Craig and apparently he's pregnant.'' Malika giggled after, chewing on her orange slice. Evan's mouth opened but he quickly shut it then. It must've been true, so many people can attest to it. The ringing came back.

      "How do people know he's pregnant?" Evan sat up, looking Malika right into her dark brown eyes. Malika licked her lips and flipped her hair.

    "He only gained weight in the stomach. I'm not shaming him but I've met boys who are fertile and he fits the description. His hips and stomach are meant to bare. Besides that, Ryan is known for not pulling out or so a student told me. Last time I saw when they were talking to each other, it was quite obvious by the way Jonathan was holding him.'' Evan was hurt, hearing this about Jonathan made him feel uncomfortable.

   "Boys are like that. They play around that way but still I wonder if it's true." Evan said staring at Malika with a sly look on his face.

Malika shrugged her shoulders, "If it is. It's gonna be a pretty baby.''

Jonathan danced with Craig in the auditorium. A symphony played in the background. Half of Jon's face was covered by a white mask. He was playing the infamous Phantom. His drama teacher scurried around looking for her Christine. Jonathan smoked a bowl with Craig a few minutes prior, causing him to stand on stage while everyone around him looked busy. Out came the girl playing Christine.

     She was an average height girl, shorter than Jonathan. She had shoulder-length blonde hair. Thin lips and rosy cheeks. She wore glasses that were too square for her chiseled face. Her slim figure was what Jonathan took notice of. Notably since the white dress she wore seemed to be three sizes too big. Like a soon to be bride she came out with clips on the back of her dress and optimism displayed on her face.

    "In this scene you two shall kiss. You will hold her and then say." The drama teacher held the script in her hand, waiting for Jonathan to say his lines. To much of his classmates surprise, he knew them.

   Jonathan softly grabbed his classmates' waist, he took her in. Immediately he smelled her scent, bright crystal and summer romance, intertwined with teen sweat. "Tonight we dance. On a stage that once was mine." He took her hand and spun her once. Proceeding to waltz with her on the slippery stage. "Tonight we dance, to save our souls. Tonight you are mine and I yours."

  She melted in Jon's arms, in awe as she gazed at Jon's dark blue eyes. Her lines forgotten, the only thing she could think of was, is this love?

    The drama teacher cleared her throat. "Liz? Your line?"

    Liz blushed monumentally and chuckled in embarrassment.  She played with her fingers and stuttered to find her words. "Phantom of the opera. It is true. So mote it be."

  The bell rang making the class quickly get up from this awkward scenario they just endured. The drama teacher sighed loudly, ready to announce to her moving class. "The show must be ready by next week. We are only ninety percent done. We must be perfect guys. Jonathan! I am impressed, seriously."

   Jonathan grinned and nodded his head in gratitude. He watched from the side of his eye, Liz beam at him. He didn't want to pursue that any time soon. She was a good girl, he wanted to first fix himself before settling with someone like her. He knew this already, which was good on him.

   Jon walked out of the auditorium with Craig. They both craved food and practically ran to the lunch area. Sitting down on the cold pavement, isolated Jon felt the need to say something that's been bothering him.  "I'm sleeping with Mr. Vanoss.''

           Craig sat still and tilted his head, "Yeah and I got Ms. Zee pregnant.'' Craig started chuckling while he chewed on his sugar cookie. Jonathan felt lightheaded. He rolled his eyes at his oblivious friend. Slowly resting his head on Craig's broad shoulder. He closed his eyes for what seemed like a second, only for his foot to be kicked.

"Are you pregnant?" Ryan stood above his friend, his red eyebrow arched and his blue eyes wide from fear that stirred his gruesome thoughts.

     Groggy yet able to speak, Jonathan shook his head. "No I'm not stupid.''

    Ohm sighed. "Cool. Well then I can change the subject. Bryce is throwing a party in two weeks. We're gonna help him out.'' Ohm took out his phone and started texting. Jonathan didn't like how quick Ohm could get over things one second and then dwell on it the next. He remembered how much his friend liked to gaslight the ones he loved. Often convincing them they were assuming things rather than confronting him to find out the truth. That was rarely the case since Ohm painted himself as the good guy, a reputation he was yet to uphold.

Jonathan rolled his eyes and the thought of Mr. Vanoss crept up behind. It's been two weeks since he's slept with him . It didn't seem so long ago. He could still smell the room they were in. He can still remember Evan's car and how it moved with their body. He can still feel his teacher in him, shivering at the thought of his body fully exposed. Time went by too fast.

Jonathan looked at Ohm noticing how happy he was texting whoever was on the other end. It brought back memories of his friend's bad habits. The bell rang and Ohm got off the phone and waited for Jonathan.

       Jonathan got up and glared at Ohm, only to shake his head and leave.

J:  Come to my house. I need to talk to you.

Marcel:  Alright. I'll be there at four.

       Jonathan walked home angry. Dragging his feet when he came home. He saw Sydney chatting with his mother. The both of them stopped interacting when he stormed in. Raising an eyebrow, Jonathan examined his mother. Scoffing when he saw her with newspaper articles of Mrs. Vanoss winning an award for Most Health Minded.

       He packed his bag and took a few hundreds from his mother's purse upstairs. Waiting for Marcel to come. He was going to tell him the plan.