Ch.18 The Phantom of the Opera

"We can go see him on Friday. My dad leaves his car when he goes gambling and he'll be gone for hours.'' Ohm said as munched on Craig's carrots. Jonathan sighed and sifted his cheek as he bit his lip.

"What do I tell my parents?" His leg bounced up and down, his nerves struck him every second.

"That you're at my house." Marcel finally spoke after the day of silence. He tried to be monk but it failed miserably since they told him he actually had to shave his head.

''You think they'd believe that.'' Jonathan remembered the last time he used that lame excuse when he was going out to vandalize the water tower. His parents knocked down Marcels' door to find out what they both were doing. After that, the excuse has never worked the same.

''What about Nogla's?" Nogla suggested himself since none of their parents really disliked the young Irish man. Ohm smiled at the innocent boy then suggested something a bit sentimental, in a way.

"How about you all come. Then no one gets in trouble when they come knocking down Nogla's door to see all us not there.'' Everyone gave Ohm the side eye and shrugged it off.

''Why not. I don't have much else to do.'' Marcel said as he also stole one of Craig's carrot. Craig usually would've said something but he'd been extra silent lately. It was until Ohm asked him a question. "You okay Craig?''

Craig stared at the ground as he spoke, "You know how Ms. Zee is leaving on maternity.'' Everyone at the table nodded their heads, crunching on the juicy carrots.

"Well in the locker rooms I was hitting Satt with a wet towel since why not.'' He picked up his head to shrug which made Jonathan giggle a little. "And here comes Tyler who fucking sucker punched me in the neck.'' He picked up his head, showing the purple that was left.

''Why?"' Marcel looked over at the Football table, seeing Tyler chug chocolate milk. Craig shook his head, "I don't even know.''

''He's an asshole.'' Ohm said still taking Craig's carrots. Nogla glared at Ohm since he was about to finish them.

''He probably beats on his girlfriend too. I mean his dad does it.'' Jonathan made them all turn towards him with open eyes. Ohm snickered while Marcel judged Jonathan.

''Tyler isn't usually that violent. Yeah he's a cocky shite but that's about it.'' Nogla spoke the truth and the boys nodded their heads in agreement.

''Who knows maybe Jon is right.'' The bell rang right when Marcel said that, they got up throwing away trash and going to fourth.

.

Jonathan was separated from his usual group of friends (excluding Craig and Nogla) in fourth . Some of them had different classes than him. In history, he had Tyler and his girlfriend sitting right in front of him. Satt was three seats ahead of them yet he stood in front of the football player. He opened his mouth to speak but immediately closed it when he saw Jonathan.

"Answer my texts alright.'' He walked rapidly back to his seat, tapping his pencil against the light brown desk.

Jonathan could see Kelly biting her lip as Tyler went through his phone. The teacher was still helping a group of students with their work. The young harlot could see the tall man text back. His girlfriend noticed Jonathan staring, she gestured for him to look away by widening her eyes and popping her head forward. Jonathan kept his eyes on her, making her shake with anger.

The drama teacher put back the pencil she was writing with in her dark red hair that was tied in a perfectly round bun. She adjusted her black circular glasses and huffed out, ready to loudly speak. "Okay we have finished the play!" She jumped up a bit which made Jonathan whisper, what the fuck.

"We are doing, someone to the dramatic drum roll please!" When no one would participate, she rolled her eyes and did a bad drum solo against her black desk. "The Phantom of the Opera!"

The classroom stood quiet, Jonathan was snickering in his sleeve. Satt broke the silence, "Okay but what does this have to do with us.''

The teacher did another infamous eye roll, "I'm choosing this class to star in the play. No one needs to audition since I already picked who plays who. Next class I will tell you your role. Now before any of you can tell me you can't do it. It is apart of your final.''

The class groaned, Jonathan hoped he was a tree or something. She went around and gave everyone the edited script, prepping the people to understand more about the story. When the bell rang, they were told to leave the papers on their desk. Running to his next class with Craig, Jonathan bumped into Mr. Vanoss. So close he could hear his heart beating.

Jonathan felt everything around him go slow, even when he looked up at the older man. When he kept on going, without saying sorry he kept feeling his movements slug. His breathing was in focus now, his body almost wanted to give out. When he finally went through his chemistry door, he saw Craig waiting for him. His body calmed down along with his breathing. As if Mr. Vanoss' touch was so venomous, it weakened him. When he got away, he felt liberated.

Craig touched his sweaty forehead, "Tyler apologized. I still don't know why he did that but it's whatever.'' He wiped the excess on Jon's sweater while smiling at him.

"We're doing a fucking play for English.'' The two teens sat down in their seats as everyone else came in.

Craig smiled, ''I know and you're playing the Phantom.''

Oh fuck.