Ch.32 False admiration

Evan walked into the airport with eighty dollars cash and begged for them to give a ticket to North Carolina. The blue haired lady raised her eyebrow and cocked her mouth. "That's not even going to get you something from the gift shop."
Evan rolled his eyes and struggled to find his debit card. Once founded, the blue haired woman swiped it. She handed him a small paper, "Do you have any luggage?" Evan shook his head no. She started rapidly typing. "I can get you on the flight that boarding in ten minutes. Is that fine?"
Evan silently thanked the Gods and then nodded his head even more as the lady typed. "Okay then you're all set."
Evan sat on the uncomfortable chairs for a full ten minutes. He was the first in line, the first on board, and the last to get off. He complicated the entire situation. If he came back, how will he be able to stay hidden.
He hauled a taxi and gave him the address to Jonathan's. "You seem to be in a hurry." The taxi driver had a long brown beard. Light skin, beady eyes, and slicked back brown hair. Evan took notice of the guy's hygiene. "Family emergency."
The man said the address out loud. "Forty.... twenty two.... Lake. Street. Greensboro. How do you know them?" The man stopped the car in the middle of traffic. Evan scattered for words as cars started honking at them. The taxi driver drove while looking at his rear view mirror. "So? How do you know them?" He said more hostile.
"My friend. Lives there." Evan muttered out. Feeling small as the taxi driver spoke with such high strength.
"Do you know Jonathan?" The man hit a nerve. Evan's eye twitched. He noticed the man coming to a halt as the red light turned green. Evan hesitated, yet knew that something about this man he could trust.
"Yes I do." Evan could see the man let his guard down. He sharply inhaled and shook his head, hoping the words would come out right.
"What is your relations with the family." The taxi man's eyes kept twitching. Evan now became curious. "Why are you asking?"
The man stood quiet, the only sound was the static from the radio along with the car tires. Heavy breathing came from the both of them as Evan scrolled through his phone, ignoring calls from his friends back home.
The taxi driver stopped in front of the house, his heart closed in. "The red door." Evan stopped moving, he closed the car door and his eyes widened. "You? You lived here?"
He turned in his seat, "Yeah. My mom and dad did. Jonathan painted it himself, he was such a weird kid." The bearded man laughed by himself. His eyes crinkled as they watered.
Evan felt the curiosity jump out even more. "How do you know him?"
The taxi driver spoke lowly, finding the courage to say his name out loud. "I'm Luke. I was Jonathan's best friend and his sisters' boyfriend."
Evan shook his head and squinted his eyes. "Sister? He has a sister?" Evan saw Luke get tense. His hands on the steering wheel and his shoulders up.
"He had. Now go." With that Evan shut the door and watched Luke drive off. Flustered, he ran up to Jonathan's house. Knocking, hoping that his father wouldn't answer the door. In fact no one did.
Climbing up His window was a hassle. The thorns from all the roses that needed to be trimmed hurt him. He fell onto the blue carpet. Seeing a slim body lay across the Dragon ball Z covers. Evan got up and limped over to Jonathan. He stared at the boy while Jonathan stared at the wall. Feeling he was unable to move, Jonathan couldn't feel Evan's presence. Not like he used to.
"Hey." Evan got closer. Climbing on top of the bed. Jonathan's heart started beating faster. Evan wrapped himself around Jonathan. Smelling him, feeling his hair against his shiny cheek.
"Did I die?" Jonathan called out. Evan reached out to touch Jonathan's face. It was tear stained. Evan muffled into his sweater, "No you're living."
"Am I gonna be okay?" Jonathan could feel his heartbeat in his head. He really believed Evan wasn't here.
Evan traveled down his sides and felt the bump, he felt how inactive they were. As if they too could feel they're carriers pain, perhaps they can. "Yes, bliss will come our way Delirious."

Jonathan let out a weak, dry laugh. "You're the crazy one. You came back." He got up, revealing his bloodshot eyes and chapped lips. They shrank in size, Evan smiled at the boy.
"You haven't been playing video games?" He referred to the dust collecting on Jonathan's consoles. It made the boy shrug.
"With school and babies. I find sanity more important." Jonathan was cradled by Evan. They both stared at each other.
"You have a sister?" Evan scooted closer to Jonathan, hearing his breathing Hitch.
Jonathan licked his dry and nodded his head. "I don't like talking about her." He paused, he furrowed his brows and examined Evan.
"Can I tell you something?" It irked Jonathan to say it.

Evan could feel his hope spike up. This relationship could work. They could be open with each other. Evan smiled, giving Jonathan reassurance.

Jonathan could feel kicks in his stomach, he was going to finally say it. There was no lump in his throat, he wasn't afraid, and he was worried about being judged. "I killed her."

Evan stood still. His heart abruptly stopped. His body shut down, he didn't move, he didn't say a word. He blinked himself back to reality. "You? What?"
Jonathan jumped up and down, getting dizzy immediately. His voice shrill and ecstatic, "I killed her! Yes finally I can say it! I hit her till she stopped moving then she started twitching!"
Evan laughed, he was uncomfortable. Jonathan giggled , as his usual crazy self does.
"How are the babies?" The tension was thick between Evan, Jonathan felt normal, even closer.
"They love you." He got on top of Evan and kissed him all over his face. Evan head felt empty, he'll ignore what Jonathan said but he couldn't.

"Did you really kill your sister?" Evan hoped to God Jonathan would say no. If not then this would change everything. The young boy saw that, his courage was for nothing. He didn't achieve anything.
"No. I'm just losing it."

Evan felt better as he held Jonathan and told him the story about angry snowmen attacking a Canadian village. Jonathan stared at the wall while he laughed when Evan would. He was hurt, he was sad. He didn't know what was his life. He just knew he loved being in Mr. Vanoss' sight.

"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end."