Ch.31 Lonliness kills

6 months

         You can feel Jonathan's stomach grow, the children moving in their home. You can also feel Jonathan's pulse, how low yet loud it is. His father, dressed in a blue shirt and black pants, yells at his son "I'm going on a business trip." He leaves, the door shutting, the blinds bouncing from the impact. Babs, hazel eyes and pink lips, sits on the bed messy king sized bed. Jonathan wears a blue hoodie, afraid for his mother. She grabs her bag, kissing her sons cheek. She's going with her husband to Colorado, she has to get out of this state.
    "Luke Patterson, is out jail." Her voice trembles and her cold white hands lay against her thin thighs. Jonathan twitched, his legs wobbled as he walked up to his mother. She swallowed loudly, "And you're pregnant. How bad does God want to punish me." As she got up, Jonathan could smell her perfume. It was sweet, like roses and daises in spring. She lazily walked to the front door. Without looking behind at her son, she left. Jonathan's ears were red, he was angry with his mother. Yet he understood, he was selfish and she was in a bad state.

       Walking to school was an embarrassment. People didn't say nothing to him, but they thought about him. It was superstition, yes but it was reasonable. Ohm had his glasses on reading the book assigned to them in English. The teacher jumped as she assigned new roles for The Phantom of the Opera.
   "Ohm you're a splendid guy. I want you as the Phantom!" She twirled her hair as she stood up. The class looked over at Ohm to see him put down his book and frown. "Ms. I don't think that'd be good." He looked to his side to see Jonathan looking at him. His hazel eyes giving him a reassuring smile.
     "Its an A for everyone if you're apart of this play." Immediately people started signing up for the littlest parts. Jonathan signed up as a back up character. The play was in a week. Which is the most isn't very convenient for the teacher. She had to re-do everything since so many teachers were complaining about the explicit scenes.

       They walked into Mr. Vanoss' classroom. An older slim man with white hair, passed out papers. "I'm the substitute for a while." Jonathan closed his eyes, he felt his cheeks getting red and his eyes water.
      The more he remembered Evan, the more sullen he became. Whether it was Ohm hugging him or his parents ignoring him, he was only hung up on Evan.

      The doctor kept noticing his mood and kept encouraging him to "stay positive."

          They spoke to Ohm with respect, they looked him in the eye and smiled at him because they enjoyed him. Marcel didn't say anything about it, seeing that the attention Ohms getting made Jonathan a bit jealous. No one wanted to look into the eyes of the pregnant slut.

-
      For their fittings, Jonathan skipped. Ohm was in his itchy polyester costume, his cape swung as he walked. His height made him terrifying in it. Malika was proud to be his co-star. Jonathan didn't enjoy the constant flirt she was being. Yet he didn't have any say, he couldn't do anything. He got up from the seat and left. Looking behind to see if Ohm didn't notice, no one did.
         Marcel walked home with him, his hands in his black bomber jacket. "Simone and I are dating. My mom took away my car and my dad wants to move to the U.K."
         Jonathan giggled, his cheeks getting red. "Your life is hectic." Marcel laughed, agreeing with his bloated friend. They stopped at Jonathan's house. A cold breeze made them both shiver. The sweet smell came back into Jonathan's senses making his heart sink.
      "Goodbye, Jonathan." It was off, the entire aura of their location. Jonathan gestured for Marcel to stay. The stairs looked darker, sticky from its dirt. His bedroom door stayed open, his parents room closed. He knocked, he could hear the echo. Slowly turning the knob, he expected to see his parents belongings everywhere. No, everything was gone. He knew his parents. He knew they wanted to leave, he just didn't think they'd leave without him.

     "Evan." Jonathan whimpered, his voice trembling. He could feel his stomach flatten. His heart burst from the immense pain. He sat in room, what felt like enteral suffering in a hollowed white room. He was alone.

     The house was quiet. He'd just made himself some pasta. He kept waiting for someone to call him. He looked around for a note. Nothing. Only the rainy day fund they left. Finally the phone rang. It felt like the whole house vibrated with it.

"Hello."
     The other person on the line cleared his throat. "Jonathan are you alright?" Delirious slid down the white wall with the phone against his face. Jonathan cried even louder, his voice breaking as he hiccuped.

                  "Please come back to North Carolina."