Ch.30 One month

In pain, he screamed in pain as he felt his first cramp. Ohm was by his side while he had a hot towel to calm him down from his sweats. School was in two hours. His father was at work and his mother was still cooped up in her room. Jonathan wore a big blue hoodie and a blue beanie. His face was sunk in and his body was still thin yet his stomach looked bloated. He hoped no one would notice.

    It was true. Evan was gone, he resigned. Everyone said he had to this great job offer yet why was Jonathan the last one to know? Ohm was actually going to school, he firmly believed that those babies were his. Jonathan has a gut feeling they aren't Ohms'.
Evan left his house and wrote an entire paragraph explaining to Jonathan his sorry:

  From the moment I met you, I wanted to talk to you. You remind me of my teenage years. Playing video games and sleeping around. I used to live in Canada with my father and my mother. My sister was a nightmare but I love her. She used to date these weird guys, but once she dated someone a lot like you. I loved being around him since he reminded me of an older brother. She left him and i haven't seen him since. When I met Sydney, she was funny; attractive. Then we had a baby together and it changed. I moved here since I had a great offer to co-sign with a gaming company. Being a teacher was only temporary, you weren't. I fell in such love with you. From the day that we went to the park to the first night we made love it was.... perfect. I am Evan Fong and I love you, Jonathan Smith.

      Leaving it on his desk was the hardest part. He didn't mention the baby inside of him nor the fact he was leaving everything behind. Packing his bags and saying goodbye was supposed to be easy. Sydney didn't know yet, he was going to tell her over the phone. Cleo wouldn't know either, it was for the best. He was leaving North Carolina and everything in it.

      Jonathan came home, feet swollen and the house empty. He wobbled to the desk and read the yellow, crumpled note. Shaking his head and bouncing his leg vigorously. "There's no point of even trying anymore." Jonathan said aloud. His body hunching over. His cheeks were stained with his tears. He sniffed in his mucus and cuddled his blue pillow.

           Sydney came home after work, picking up Cleo from the babysitters'. The house phone rang making her get up from the rocking chair. She hesitated to pick it up, hearing his voice clear up made her heart drop.
Hello. Please don't speak. I want to tell you this and be done. I'm not coming back. I'm in California at the new job. Do not come to me, do not bring Cleo. If I go back, I'll be in trouble. He sighed and rested his head against the yellow wall. I slept with Jonathan. He's pregnant. Sydney sniffled her tears. She wept while covering her mouth. Evan sharply inhaled and breathed out. I know you hate me. No, you're probably embarrassed but I will come back. When he has the babies, tell me what happens. I hope they don't figure out what I've done. I loved you Sydney, so very much.

         The dial tone, killed her. She could feel the gun shot wound in her back, the warm blood sliding down her cold skin. Trembling down the stairs, ignoring Cleo's calling. She opened the front door and dragged her self next door. Seeing Jonathan on his porch laughing with his friends as they held cases of beer.
      With a snarl in her tone she called out him, "You! You are the reason why! I'll make sure you're gone." She was his height. Jonathan raised an eyebrow. His blue beanie complimented his skin. Sydney looked at his friends and shook her head. "You're a fucking homewrecker."
        Jonathan watched the rabid women walk away. Disappointed in himself, he tried to change the subject. "So let's record tomorrow. No one will be home. My mom is going away for awhile. My dad won't be home, I can be loud." His friends agreed and went home. Leaving him on his porch alone and quiet. He took out the note and kept reading it over and over.
         Jonathan didn't understand how quick it was. How fast he could leave. Ohm was going to be here no matter what. So was it wrong that he wanted Evan here instead?

      It was one in the morning in California. Evan sat in a bar, drinking a shot alone. What a cliché.
       He was scared. Scared of being caught. He was being dumb. He slept with this boy in front of his friend. Climbed into the window of a boy he wasn't supposed to be looking at. He abused his power, he left his family, he left a pregnant teen alone. It was a wake up call. He sighed and got up, leaving money on the counter.
       He was alone in the streets of L.A. he watched on 5th street, cars ram by, scaring the girls who walked late at night. He imagined how it looked back at home. If Jonathan was up for school already only to get there late despite his efforts. 
       It was impulsive to leave. However it was necessary. Evan walked by a tattoo shop that had large yellow neon lights that made his dark brown eyes glow. He smiled thinking about what he could paint on his body to show how much he still loved Jonathan.