Ch.14 A Festival of the Rich

At last, the 43rd Ouran festival had started. Students, and parents alike roamed the school and participated in all the booths. My eye twitched at the sight of all these people. There were too many people for my taste. All of them were pretty famous too, or so I've heard. Some wore the top quality kimonos, or wore designer clothes with the finest accessories. Rich people never cease to amaze me. Note the sarcasm.

"Welcome to class 1-A's event!" The twins greeted the guests.

I sighed as I looked down at my outfit. Everyone wore a white button-up shirt with a plaid, tan, button-up vest. A black ribbon was tied around the shirts collar. The guys wore matching black pants while the girls wore matching black skirts that reached their knees. Carol decided to wear the skirt, but I fought to wear the pants. The class president and representative argued with me for an hour telling me to wear the skirt. I won at the end of that argument, of course.

So now I strolled around helping out the guests with their detective work. I have to say, Haruhi and Carol did well in creating these mystery scenarios.

"Alex!" I turned around to be face to face with Carol. She grinned from ear to ear as she clasped onto my hands. "I did well, huh? These mysteries are hard to solve."

I nodded. "Yeah you and Haruhi did really good. They're even tricky to me."

She smirked at herself, proud of the praise I gave her.

"Mom!"

We both turned to our left to see the twins waving at a middle-aged women and a man behind her. The women had auburn hair, and light brown eyes. She wore a plaid designer coat and a black knee length skirt with black tights underneath. I can assume that's their mother and the man behind her was their father. The twins took nothing after him. He had greying black hair, a little mustache and beard, and wore a plain black suit.

"Hikaru, Koaru." She smiled and examined the room. "This looks like fun. The interior is pretty nice too."

The twins grabbed Haruhi and dragged her towards their mother. "Mom! This is Haruhi! We're going to adopt her someday, don't forget!"

She looked Haruhi up and down.

"Uh," Haruhi mumbled. "Pleased to meet you."

"Stand up straight. You should trim your hair a little more. Your ribbon is tilted and that vest is too big." The twins' mom rambled on and tidied up Haruhi's look. "There, that's better. Very cute."

Carol giggled. "Glad that wasn't us."

She spoke too soon. The twins then dragged us in front of their mom. "Mom, we'd also like you to meet Carol-" They pushed her forward. "-and Alex! Or Alexandria!" They pushed me forward as well.

She looked at Carol and her smile grew bigger. "My aren't you pretty? Those dark blue eyes are beautiful, and this brown hair is so silky."

Carol didn't know how to react to the random compliments thrown her way. "T-thank you."

She then turned her gaze to me. I kept my straight face as she examined me over. "You're green eyes are stunning!" She cupped my cheek and moved my head back and forth. "And your wavy blonde hair is beautiful! However, why isn't a pretty girl like you wearing proper clothes?"

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow. "My clothes are proper."

She shook her head. "All the girls should've worn the skirt, but you chose to wore pants instead. Someone could mistake you for a guy, although you got a pretty big bust."

Haruhi, Carol, and I sweat dropped. The twins definitely took after their mother.

"Please come join us for dinner anytime." She grinned. "I got some new dresses for you three to try on. And Alex dear, I got some great dresses just for you." She looked over her shoulder to her husband. "Right my darling?"