Ch.4 Attack of the Lady Manager

After the incident with Amaya Keiko, we never had any trouble the next couple of days. Carol had Tamaki drive us to her apartment after gathering my things. Tamaki really didn't want us to be alone in a strange town, but Carol pushed him away. The next day we started to walk to school and found out Haruhi lived right beside us in the same apartment building. I think the three of us became closer since we helped each other around our apartments. We even met her dad, Ronka, which was a new experience. He felt like a second dad for me and Carol, but we noticed he acts a lot like Tamaki.

Now Carol and I were walking to the club room only to be stopped by the twins once we reached the door.

"What do you two need now?" Carol asked with an annoyed look on her face.

They smirked and each held out a dress? "Here you go! These are the new cosplay for the hosts!" they said in unison.

Carol and I looked at each other confused. "But... we're not hosts," Carol stated.

"Yeah but the boss said everyone needs to wear one," Hikaru said.

"And our mother designed each and everyone one. We'll be wearing one too," Kaoru added.

I got a better look at the dresses and something popped into my head. "Are those....kimonos?"

Carol's eyes grew wide as the twins nodded. "Yes and?"

Carol jumped up and down and tried not to squeal. I smiled really big as the twins looked at us weirdly.

"Uh, what's so great about a kimono?" they asked.

"I can't believe we get to wear one!" Carol nearly yelled. She hugged me tightly.

I nodded. I saw the twins confused faces and decided to give them an explanation. "We both have always wanted to wear a kimono but in America there isn't any to wear."

"Unless you get it special ordered on the Internet. It would probably have to be shipped from Japan though," Carol added in.

They nodded, finally understanding our sudden outburst. "Well here you go," they said as they held out the kimonos.

Carol and I snatched them and ran to a changing room. Carol's was a light blue with white daisies all over it. Mine was a light purple with green and orange roses scattered all over.

"I love it! It screams me!" Carol giggled.

"Yeah," I said weakly as I stared at the green roses.

Carol noticed this and gave a small smile. "What a coincidence, huh?" I nodded as I rubbed a rose with my thumb. She sighed and walked over to me. She set a hand on my shoulder. "It's been a while, but you still wear those necklaces and that bracelet."

"I made a promise," was all I could say. I felt like I was going to cry.

She hugged me tightly. "I know you did, and I know you miss them." She let go and lifted my head up. "You look beautiful in it so don't be upset, okay?" I nodded and smiled. She nodded. "Good, now let's go show them off!" She dragged me out of the changing room, and walked to the host club. "The party has arri-" Carol stopped suddenly and stared at something. I turned to look at what she was staring at and my eyes went wide. We both stared at the clock, neither moving or saying a word.

Kyoya walked over to us and raised an eyebrow. "Are you two going to stand there all day? You have tables to take care of."

That instantly brought me back to reality. "Shit!" I said as I tugged on Carol's sleeve.

"We're going to be late!" Carol yelled. We both ran towards the door.

"Wait you two! Where are you going?!" Tamaki yelled chasing after us.