Ch.21 Flowers and a Sick Day

~Alex's POV~

The next day, we started helping the newspaper club. Tamaki somehow found a way to tell our guests that today we had the day off. My guess is that he told a few guests and then the news spread like wild fire. It wouldn't surprise me honestly.

Right now, all the club members were out in the court yard. I think it's a court yard, anyway, we just wore our usual uniforms. I tried to wear the guys pants because we were doing activities outside, but Tamaki wouldn't allow it so I still am wearing the guys top with my royal blue, plaid skirt. I can see why he'd get upset, it was his extra pair of pants I was trying to wear. But I don't think that was the reason he got so worked up.

Carol was in her uniform that was like mine. Except, her skirt was a little more flashy and noticeable. It was an azure blue and it had ruffles in layers. I don't blame her for dressing up a bit. We were going to be in the newspaper, might as well look decent. Although, no one is probably going to read it.

I stood with my arms crossed and tilted my head. This game Tamaki wanted us to play is confusing me but also reminds me of a similar game back home. Tamaki was facing a tree and said the phrase "the daruma doll fell over" and while he was saying that the others would slowly make their way towards him. But as soon as the phrase is over you have to be still. He'd turn around after the phrase to see if anyone is moving and then they'd be out if they moved. Honestly this reminded me of "red light green light", a game Carol and I used to play back in America.

Kyoya and I just stood in place where we had started. He honestly didn't seem to care for these activities. I kept my eye on Carol, she realized it was like the game we used to play and was easily playing along. I glanced over to my right and let out a chuckle. The newspaper club looked like they were 110% done with this shit. Tomochika held a camera while Akira and Chikage stood beside him.

Kyoya started moving closer to the group. I stumbled a bit but followed so Tamaki wouldn't notice I wasn't actually playing. Tamaki turned around one last time before accusing the twins of moving. Then Tamaki ran off to the three club members on the side lines. He started to explain why we were playing such games.

"Well, that was sudden," I mumbled. I saw everyone still frozen in place. "Uh, guys you can move now." I walked beside Haruhi as Carol turned towards me and smiled.

"Alex this is just like 'red light green light'!"

I nodded in response.

Her smile seemed to get bigger. "This was fun. I enjoy reliving my childhood every once in a while."

I smiled softly at her and nodded. Carol then turned to talk to Honey and Mori.

"He's looking at me," Haruhi mumbled beside me. I turned my head to give her my attention. "I should probably start acting like I'm happy to be here."

I saw Tamaki glancing between Haruhi and the three boys. I laughed. "It's okay Haruhi, this will be over soon. Hopefully."

Tamaki was back to focusing on us and accused Kyoya of moving. Tamaki, you can't just randomly stop and start a game. He forced Kyoya to stand beside him and lock pinkie fingers. I tilted my head in confusion. Haruhi groaned from beside me and I patted her head, being that I was a bit taller then her.

"Why can't this just be over?" She grumbled.

"Patience," was my dull response.

"You're Fujioka and Satomi, right?"

The sudden voice startled me. Haruhi didn't seem phased and just slowly turned her head to the source of the sound. Akira was there with a little notebook and pen. Not to far away were the other two.