Ch.3 Maid Outfits, Bullies, and Carol?

I walked around the halls in a daze. The kids were now at clubs or leaving the school. I couldn't bring myself to face the host club again. Yesterday I didn't speak at all to Tamaki. He tried to start a conversation but I always ignored it.

I heard a ting sound and looked down at the necklaces around my neck. I choked back tears at the sight of them. I rubbed my fingers across their smooth surface. I'm sorry dad, I haven't for filled your promise yet.

I felt two hands on each of my shoulders. I glanced back to find Hikaru and Kaoru standing behind me.

"You've been avoiding us today," they said flatly.

I breathed in, "I'm sorry I just didn't want you guys to think of me differently." I paused and held my head low. "Kyoya read my information, didn't he?"

They paused and hesitantly lifted their hands off my shoulders. They walked in front of me so they could see my face

"You know, the boss hasn't been himself since yesterday," Hikaru noted.

"I think you should apologize to him the most. Even so, you shouldn't assume we'd think of you differently because of someone's past," Kaoru said softly.

I lifted my head slightly higher. "Did Kyoya read my information?" I asked a little louder.

"He did but know we don't care about your past," they said.

I felt tears prick at my eyes, threatening to spill. "I'm sorry, I'll be leaving now," I said inaudible. I turned around and clutched my bag tighter in my hands. As I took a step I felt my feet lift off the ground. I was thrown over Hikaru's shoulder. "What are you doing?! Put me down!" I yelled as they walked the halls. Kids stared at us curiously as I tried to get off his shoulder.

"You know when you yell,"

"You sound like our normal talking voices," Kaoru finished his twins sentence. He raised an eyebrow at me. "You don't speak much or talk loud, why is that?" Kaoru asked. Hikaru perked up at the question.

I stopped and finally gave in, knowing I couldn't get away. I clamped my mouth shut and didn't answer their question. I figured they already knew why from being told about my past. Thankfully they didn't push for an answer.

They walked down the halls while I was still slung over Hikaru's shoulder. I glared at the students who stared. I was very irritated now. We soon reached a door and they opened it. My heart sunk. I knew they brought me to music room 3, aka the host club.

The room went uneasily silent as Hikaru set me down facing him. They walked away, leaving me to have my back facing them. I couldn't bring myself to face them.

"Alex-chan!" Honey yelled from a table he and Mori sat at. I cringed at the nickname again. I suddenly felt pressure on my back and struggled to keep my balance. "Hey Alex-chan! Are you still sad? Do you want to eat some cake?"

I looked over my shoulder at Honey. "No thanks Honey-senpai." I looked back towards the floor. I hesitated to ask. I turned around slowly, keeping my gaze to the floor. "Kyoya-senpai, did you read my profile?" I asked.

There was a pause, then he cleared his throat. "Yes, and the others read it too."

I felt the pressure on my back disappear. Honey scrambled onto Mori's shoulders. I looked up. None of the guests were here today, but as I glimpsed at a wall my heart stopped. I saw Tamaki sitting in a corner mumbling to himself. He was taking my outburst hard.

"We don't think of you differently though," Haruhi said. My eyes widened slightly and I turned towards her. She walked towards me and put a hand on my shoulder. "We all have our odds and ends. We all have something we keep secret"