Ch.18 It's a Toilet Paper Fort

"Alex!"

Carol ran into my room and pounced onto my bed disturbing my sleep. I groaned and rolled onto my side.

She shook me and pulled my blanket. "Alex! Wake up!"

I groaned again and opened my eyes. "What?" I groggily asked.

"Let's go shopping!"

I rubbed my eyes and realized she was already dressed and set for the day.

She saw my expression and groaned. "Come on Alex, It's our last day of summer break! Let's go shopping for new clothes or something. Impress some guys back at school." She straightened her back still sitting on my bed. She brought her fist up. "Yeah! We'll show them that just because were foreigners and commoners doesn't mean we don't have good fashion sense!"

I decided to stay awake since she wasn't going to let me sleep. I sat up, still under my blanket. "Carol, we wear uniforms. We wouldn't be able to wear those clothes to school."  I glanced at the clock and saw it was 8 a.m.

Her smile faltered into a little frown. "You're right. Damn." She was lost in thought for a second. Then her expression changed and a smile was plastered on her face. "We can still get clothes and wear them at the host club! And we can wear them during the weekends and after school, and you know we'll see the guys."

I knew she was referring to the host club members when she said guys. I shrugged. "Alright, let's go shopping. I need some new clothes anyway."

She smiled at my answer and brought me into a bear hug. "Thank you!" She let me go as I scooted off my bed. She got off and stood on her feet. "Plus, I wanted to do some girl stuff, just the two of us."

I rolled my eyes. "You act like we don't see each other often; we live in the same apartment!" I grabbed some random clothes and tossed them onto my bed.

"Ah man! You're wearing that?"

I turned and looked at her after grabbing my converse. I noticed I had tossed a dress onto my bed.

Carol shook her head with a smile on her face. "I bet you didn't even realize what you grabbed."

I went to grab it from her. "I'll just-"

"No!" She practically screamed and hid it from me. "You have to wear it now!"

I gave her a confused look. "Then why'd you sound so upset when you first saw it?"

"Because you're gonna look cuter than me!"

My dress was simple. It reached a little over my mid-thigh and had tank top- like straps. The dress was a light blue with white and red roses.

I shrugged. "Your outfit is cute too."

Carol had on a thin white tank top with black elephants on it. She had on  jean shorts that reached her mid thigh and had a light pink cover up to put on over the tank top. She also had sandals on.

She shook her head. "You think anything is a cute outfit."

I grabbed my dress back and started to change. "Now that, my good friend, is so not true. There's outfits that are cute, great, and beautiful then there are outfits that are ugly, dreadful, and something you shouldn't wear at all." I grabbed my converse and put them on.

Carol laughed. "That's so true! You sounded just like a girl!"

"I am a girl." I replied as I put on my necklaces and bracelet.

"That's not what I meant!" she laughed. "If only the guys would see your girly side, I bet they'd enjoy that."

"Yeah, imagine big brother seeing me being girly. He'd dress me up and be even more over-protective then what he already is!" I shook my head and grabbed my purse. "Come on, let's get going."