Ch.1 Acceptance to Ouran Academy

I walked home from work. I hummed to myself, as I walked to my aunt and uncle's house. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Caroline.

I smiled," Hi Carol, how was your day?"

She smiled back and tapped my nose. "If you have to know I'm happier then ever!" She giggled.

Carol was the only friend I could truly trust. She was my only friend actually. She knew about my past and didn't care. I don't know how we became friends, we're complete opposites.

She had brown hair and mine was blonde. Her eyes were a dark blue as mine were green.

Carol loved to talk, was out-going, loved to be the center of attention, and was musically gifted. I on the other hand loved art, didn't talk unless I had to, loved to read, and stayed in the back away from crowds. The only thing we had in common was that we both could sing well.

" Hey how was work? Speaking of why do you work?" she asked.

I sighed, "I want to save up for collage. And work brought back painful memories."

She nodded; understanding what I meant. "So where do you plan to go?" She asked with a smile.

"Wherever the path takes me." I replied.She looked confused. I shook my head and smiled. "I'll tell you a secret, you want to hear it? You can't tell anyone," I said sternly. She nodded. I whispered into her ear, "I sent an application to Ouran Academy in Japan. I want to see if they'll give me an art scholarship."

Her mouth dropped," You did what!?"

I covered my ears. "Calm down."

She gave me a questioning look. "Why go there? Don't you like America?"

" It's not that I don't like America, it's that I want to prepare for the future. I want to travel and move on from my past. You understand right?"

She nodded," Yeah,yeah. I get it." Then she snapped her fingers. "I have an idea! I'll come with you!"

I shrugged," You could but I don't even know if they'll accept me, and if they did the only way I could go is through a scholarship. My aunt and uncle won't pay for it. Same goes with you."

She chuckled," I know that, but it doesn't hurt to try! Tell me when they accept you, and I'll send them a message!"

I sighed," There's no chance that I'll make it, but sure. I'll tell you if I make it."

She smiled. "Great! See you later!"

She skipped off to her house, as I stood down our long driveway. I watched her disappear, before I continued walking to the house. "Thank you for believing," I mumbled.

As I reached the door, I heard yelling coming from inside. I opened the door to see my aunt and uncle arguing.

"Hello?" I broke their argument.

"Where have you been?" My uncle asked furiously.

"I was at work," I stated confused.

He clenched his jaw, "Why were you at work? You were supposed to come here right after school. We had a very important guest come over."

I stepped back. I said in a soft voice, "I...I never knew."

He looked at my aunt. "I told her, she just didn't listen."

My eyes went wide," No, I didn't-" The force of a hand slapping me stopped me from talking further. I grabbed my now red cheek.

"You don't talk back. Do you understand?" he said sternly. I nodded. He slapped me again. "Do you understand!?"