Ch.17 Pickled Beets and Pocky Sticks

~Alex's POV~

I yawned as I sat up and stretched. I looked around the room and saw a bathroom. I walked inside and I straightened out my hair and brushed my teeth. I stepped out and walked out of the bedroom.

Getting to sleep at the cottage was nice. I was afraid Carol would freak out and be lonely without me, but she assured me that she'd be fine.

I rubbed my eyes and stumbled down the hall. I was still half asleep. I looked all over trying to find Kyoya. He was no where to be seen. I started searching through rooms.

I knocked on the door in front of me. Hearing no answer, I opened the door a crack and peeked in. I saw a figure sleeping in the bed and a mop of black hair. Objective complete!

"Kyoya-senpai?"I got no response. I yawned again and walked to his bed. "Kyoya?" He groaned and turned his back towards me. "Come on dude," I mumbled. I nudged him a few times.

"What?" His groggy voice asked.

"It's 9 so we should get ready. Plus I'm hungry."

"Go tell someone to make you food." He replied.

Seeing he wasn't going to get out of bed easily, I decided to startle him awake. I grabbed an unused pillow and hit him on the head with it. I saw him jerk with surprise then sit up. He wore a scary glare.

"Come on sleepy head! Get up!"

His glare was now directed towards me. "I was up till 3 a.m. last night. So, it would be wise for you to leave me be and get some food yourself."

I just stared at him. "Okay first off, that glare you are wearing doesn't scare me one bit. Second, I can make my own food I don't need someone to make it for me. Third, you got six hours of sleep- okay I'd be angry too."

His glare finally started to let up.

I grabbed his glasses off his desk and put them on his face. "Come on! Get up and go to the kitchen for breakfast!"

He adjusted his glasses and sighed. "Fine. I'll get up."

He scooted himself out of bed and I smiled in triumph. "Good. I'll be in the kitchen!"

I walked down the hallway and found the kitchen after a few minutes. I began searching through cabinets and the refrigerator for ingredients and cooking utensils. I found a box of pancake mix, perfect! I mixed the pancake batter and started to cook them.  As that cooked I grabbed a pan, set it on the oven, and cooked some sausage links and bacon.

After I finished cooking them I heard footsteps and a chair screech across the floor. I walked into the dining room and sat a plate of pancakes, sausage, and bacon along with a cup of orange juice in front of Kyoya.

He stared at it. "Did you get me up just to make me breakfast?"

"Of course not," I started. "I wanted breakfast too. I just wanted you to eat it now because I know when you would've gotten up, it would be cold."

He took a bite of the pancakes and I saw his eyes twinkle. "These are delicious."

I smiled. "Thank you." I headed back towards the kitchen to fix myself a plate when Kyoya's question stopped me.

"Is that your attire for today?"

I turned around and gave him a confused look then slowly looked down at my clothes. My eyes widened and I could feel blood rush to my cheeks. I forgot I was still wearing my pajama's!  "Um...no it's not."

I saw him smirk. "You do know even if that's an oversized t-shirt most of your legs still show." He took a drink of his orange juice. "Plus, I am a teenage boy."