Ch.19 Love at First Sight?

"What should we do?" Ryo asked.

"I don't even know what's wrong to begin with." Carol responded.

"Why don't we just ask her what's wrong?"

"Obviously you don't just flat out ask a girl what's wrong. "

"Would you two shut up already?" Ivan groaned. "Jeez you two are worse than kids."

"I beg to differ!" Ryo said defensively.

"I agree with Ryo!" Carol paused. "For once."

"Hey!"

"Ryo," I sighed out. "She's just being herself." I glanced over at Komori. We all had entered music room 2 to see Komori pacing back and forth. Her light brown eyes held a hint of fear and sadness, and I could tell she was very nervous.

"She's been like this for a while." Ivan informed. "Even this morning I could tell something was off about her."

I nodded. "She's always cheerful and wearing a smile on her face. But now she's a nervous wreck."

"We got to help her!" Ryo cried out.

Carol sighed and popped her fingers. "Step aside ladies. I'm gonna show you how a man handles these types of things."

"You're no man and we're not ladies," Ivan said, referring to himself and Ryo.

Carol ignored them as she walked up to Komori. Komori paused as Carol spoke up. "Hey Komori! What's on your mind?"

Komori glanced around the room and saw us all looking at her. She sighed and ran her hands through her long hair. "It's...it's kind of complicated. But I suppose you guys should know, right?" She walked over and sat on a random couch. We all followed and were gathered around her, waiting for her to tell us what's wrong.

"Take your time." Carol said.

Komori nodded and took a deep breath. "Well, last night my parents arrived home from a business meeting they had in Russia. During dinner they decided to tell me 'good news' as they put it." She paused and sighed again. "They arranged a marriage for me; I now have a fiancé."

We all sat in silence for a moment.

"What!?" Carol broke the silence.

"A fiancé?!" Ryo said.

"I'm getting déjà vu." I murmured.

"So, is this fiancé of yours from Russia?" Ivan asked.

Komori nodded. "I don't know what to do, what to think. He's coming here to see me in a few days."

I didn't know what to do or what advice to give. I still don't understand the whole 'arranged marriage' thing. I decided to comfort her the best way I could. I went over and at beside her while bringing her into a side hug. "It'll be alright. We'll all be there when you go to meet him."

"We will?" Ryo and Ivan asked at the same time.

I glared at them as Carol stood up with a huge smile. "Yeah! We'll all be there for support!"

Komori let a small smile appear. "Thank you guys." Then her smile was replaced by a frown again. "I just don't understand why they'd arrange this without my input. I haven't even met the guy once, and he's foreign so what happens after the marriage? Will I go to Russia? I'll have to learn a new language and-"

"Komori." I said to stop her rambling. I put a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be fine. I mean, I don't know anything about arranged marriage but I'm sure it'll all work out. You may find out you like the guy a lot. But no matter what we're all gonna be there when you meet him."