~14~

"wait... do you like toriel?"

Your face heated up even more than earlier as you tried to explain things better.

"No! I don't like Toriel like that! She's like a mother to me... and Snow Drake isn't the best either. It just tells really bad jokes, your jokes are way better."

Sans realized who you were talking about.

"oh... you like..."

Sans's face got really blue. So blue that you could've sworn that it was making the room a little bit brighter.

"me?"

You slowly shuffled over to the very embarrassed skeleton and hugged him.

"Surprise..."

Sans hugged you back a bit tighter than you were hugging him and you realized he was crying when you felt his tears on your (f/c) sweater that Toriel gave to you at the beginning of all of this.

"Heya, Sans. Don't get too emotional. You might turn into a waterfall."

Sans broke the hug and stared at you with a giant smile on his face, tears still falling.

"these are happy tears. they're warmer than the sad ones."

You smiled and wiped some tears away from his face and noticed they were warm. They disappeared into your skin, giving you a warm feeling all over.

"haha, magic and determination make you feel warm, don't they?"

You realized what Sans was talking about when you saw he had a tear of your own on his thumb.

The determination made it disappear slower.