~30~

You ran as fast as you could up the stairs and to Papyrus's room. Sans's face went blank as Papyrus opened the door. The monster that stepped into the house was none other than Asgore Dreemurr, the King of the Monsters.

"Hello, Papyrus, Sans. I heard from a little bunny that you two were possibly hiding a human or two. I apologize for this, but I'll only ask once... where are the fallen humans?"

Papyrus, being the innocent and tol bean he was, spoke to Asgore truthfully. He got one or two sentences out when Sans interrupted him.

"humans? pshh, why would we want those?"

Now, Sans was very good at lying. He lied in very important times and whenever he told the truth, it hit whoever he was talking to like a ton of bricks. Asgore didn't believe the lie. Sans had been a bit too casual with that one.

You looked for a hiding spot in Papyrus's room, settling for hiding in the closet. You smooshed yourself all the way to the back, observing how organized everything in Papyrus's room was. You saw a random box on the floor and moved behind it so that you were pressed up against the wall. If anyone opened the closet, they'd have to look for a little while to find you.

"I am sorry, but I must search your home. Please, step aside."

Knowing not to defy the King, Sans stepped out of his way while an even more grim look spread across his face. Asgore searched the kitchen, moving everything around under the very tall sink. He exited with an upset look on his face and walking to the living room.

"KING ASGORE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SOME, UHM... TEA?"

Asgore politely declined, searching the couch and behind the television. When he walked up the stairs, he saw Paps's door and looked at the tall skeleton. Papyrus shrugged and Asgore opened the door.

"Papyrus, you wouldn't shelter a humanm would you?"

Papyrus shook his head uncertainly, Asgore noticed how quiet he was being. Being the King of Monsters, Asgore made it a top priority to know his subjects' names and habits. He sighed and searched the room. This search was quite a bit more angry and violent than the others.

"WAIT, ASGORE! THOSE ARE MY-"

Asgore flipped a table over, creating a very loud crash. You flinched, almost hitting the wall by you.

"-...action figures..."

Papyrus fell to his knees, picking up the action figures of different "cool guys" as he called them when Sans ran off to Grillby's. Sans growled a tiny bit and walked over to Papyrus, helpimg him. Asgore either almost broke or thrashed everything in the room, and then turned to the closet.

"Tell me, Skeletons. Is the human in that closet?"

Asgore's voice was a more serious tone, a more dangerous one. When neither of the brothers answered, Asgore slammed the closet door open and almost instantly saw you, even though you were hiding with the box.

"Human."

His voice was familiar.