~41~

There was literally nothing there. No bed, no socks, nothing. Even the door was gone. Everything was just a vast white space.

"What the-" you were cut off by someone clearing their throat. You turn around to see a familiar face. This creature was some kind of black mass with a face and hands. The hands had holes in the palms and looked very skeleton-like. Its face seemed to be skeleton as well, but with cracks in it. One leading from the top of its eye up and the other from the bottom of its other eye and down to the corner of its mouth.

"Jesus, Sans. What kind of portal did you hide under all of those socks?" The figure suddenly chuckled, making its way towards you. You slowly backed up, not wanting to get into a  battle with whatever it was.

Continuing to get closer to you, the figure made some kind of warbling noise. A voice echoed through your head as he did so. "Hello, human. Your journey is not quite finished yet." The man, as you assumed from the voice, engaged in battle. Your soul floated in front of your chest and a faint music played in the background.

Not knowing what to do, you spared this creature. Whoever it was they looked familiar, but you couldn't put your finger on it. You think it starts with a 'W' though. The figure spoke, the voice in your head starting to make the headache worse. "There is nothing for you here yet, (Y/n)." With that, he attacked you. You felt your soul throb with every hit. They seemed nearly unavoidable.

With one last hit, you fell to the ground. The white space around you began to grow darker, darker, until there was nothing but black. The voice spoke once more. It said, "W.D. Gaster." You assumed that was his name.

Sans POV

(Y/n) was lying in my pile of socks, unconscious. As soon as they fell to the floor I ran over to them. They've been out for quite some time now, haven't they? About fifteen minutes?

Standing up, I struggle to lift (Y/n) off of the sock pile to lay them on the bed. It takes a moment because of all of the socks that are in the way, but I get it eventually. I wait by them for a while more before they groan and open their eyes.

"(y/n)! finally you're up. you had me chilled to the bone. ha haha..." Puns didn't seem to be helping at all. "Ugh, what even? I don't remember falling asleep," they looked awful. Like they'd seen something horrible. With a sigh, I took off my jacket and rested it on their shoulders.

"get comfortable, kid. i get the feeling we both have a lot of explaining to do. you'll need that determination later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I just wanted to apologize for ending the story on such short notice. I am moving on from this story to a (hopefully) better one. I will most likely make a way better Sans x Reader story in the future because I'm trash, but for now, I'm going to try something else. If anyone has a request for a character, I'll try making a short story for them.

Once again, I am so sorry, and I will most likely make a sequel. This was bound to happen and I hope you can forgive me.

~Aurie