~28~

It didn't take long for Mettaton to sprint you guys over to the Skelebro's house. When he arrived, the house was silent. Not even Paps could be heard inside. Mettaton held you like a princess in one arm, extending and curling it around you so as to not drop you, and simply knocked on the door. He looked angry, though.

"WHO IS IT? I WILL BE AT THE DOOR MOMENTARILY!"

There were loud footsteps approaching the door and when the door opened, Papyrus was standing there holding a light blue sweater with white words on them. You couldn't make out what the words said because the sweater was folded.

"Papy, dear, where's Sans? There's some... business that (y/n) and I have to do with him."

"Well, uh, Mettaton... Sans hasn't come out of his room since he got home from Grillby's. He told me to hold onto this sweater because he needed to save it for that human."

Papyrus pointed you and Mettaton set you down, retracting his extendo-arm and entering the house. Papyrus seemed to like Mettaton, what with the way he looked at the stylish robot with admiration.

"Should I check on him?"

You looked up at Paps with a worried look on your face. He scratched his skull.

"HUMAN, THAT WOULD NOT BE SUGGESTED-"

There was another knock on the door and you realized that Mettaton had brought you inside, holding your hand. Papyrus must have closed the door as soon as you entered. Mettaton opened the door and let Alphys inside.

"U-uhm, M-m-mettaton, why aren't you in th-the lab?"

"Well, Alphys, I was helping (y/n) ger her revenge. But Sans is mosr likely sleeping, so..."

Alphys grabbed Mettaton's other hand and tried to tug him to the door. You let go of his hand and he let go of yours, following Alphys.

"Head back to the l-lab. I'll b-be there i-in a sec."

Mettaton sighed and started walking, he'd probably stop several times for autographs.

"S-sorry, b-but he can't run around for too long. Th-that f-f-form is too energy consuming. I need t-to upgrade him."

Papyrus walked up to his room and Alphys sighed.

"Listen, I get that Sans can have his moments, w-we all can. Just... he's more s-sensitive than he m-makes you think."

You didn't know how to respond and Alphys didn't give you the chance to. She left the house and smiled awkwardly at you before running to catch up to Mettaton.

"(y/n)... are you down there?"

The familiar deep voice made you panic and you froze in place.

"i..."