Chapter One - Passenger by Chance

VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, MARCH 26, 2016

MAINE

Maine stood by the entrance of the front cabin door of the plane, looking smart and attractive in her FA uniform. It was going to be a long flight back to Manila, Vancouver flights usually took 15 hours without air traffic. But she didn't mind, she was living her dream of going to many places for free, a definite perk of her job. It took her six months before she finally got her license as an international flight attendant, acing the qualifying exam and requisite number of miles for domestic flights.

In a few minutes, the doors would open for the passengers to come in. She noticed her Cabin Supervisor waving at her hurriedly. She approached, wondering what was wrong.

"Yes Ms. Charie? Anything wrong?"

"Maine, change of assignment. You'll be manning the business class together with Tonette. Alden Richards will be boarding in a few minutes and we've been advised that the fans are difficult to contain. I know it's a bit intimidating since you're new in international but I need the more seasoned ladies to man the economy class, to ward off persistent fans. We might get bad press if Alden encounters any unpleasant incidents aboard."

"Ok po, no problem," She said calmly, though her heart was beating fast. Seriously, Alden Richards? On her flight duty? Surreal. She had the biggest crush on him, had been writing fan fiction on Wattpad anonymously with him as her central character.

"Good. Maine? Alden has flown many times with us before, he's a sweetheart. Make sure you and Tonette attend to him but remember, there are other passengers, you need to attend to them equally. No reason to get complaints from the other passengers too. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am." With that, she headed to the Business Class, were Tonette was waiting for her. Upon seeing her, Tonette smiled gleefully, her chinky eyes practically morphing into mere slits.

"Mennnnggg. Alden Richards in da house!!!"

"Sssshhh. Maghunos-dili ka, grabe. Wag ka maingay baka bawiin satin yung assignment." They both giggled like schoolgirls.

"Ehhhh kasi naman. Pambansang Bae yun. Tutoo kaya tsismis sa kanila ni Patring? Ganda niya no?"

"Di ko alam yung tsismis sa kanila. Pero tama ka, ang ganda nga niya, parang model. Bagay sila no?"

"Mas bagay siya sakin, char. " Fresh giggles erupted again. The giggles stopped after Ms. Charie's head peeked through the Business Class partition, motioning for them to keep quiet.

The sound of baggage wheels rolling on the floor of the connecting tube signaled the entry of passengers into the plane. Several pregnant women, passengers with babies and some senior citizens entered, some turning right to Economy and a few turning left to Business Class. And then people seemed to start talking all at once, as Alden Richards finally entered the plane.

He looked freshly showered, wearing a simple striped hoodie, pulling his own handcarry bag despite Mama Ten, his PA and Leysam, his handler were with him. After his Bae in the City Tour, which entailed concerts in Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver, Alden looked tired but still handsome.  Tonette, overeager to meet him, rushed forward to take his luggage and ushered him in.

Their eyes met. For a solid 10 seconds, they stared at each other unblinking. Maine could feel the blush creeping up her face and ears, noticing his ears were reddening as well.

"You," He said as though he recognized her. He smiled until his eyes were chinky, his left dimple deepening. Maine physically staggered from the impact of his smile. Dear God, she told herself, give me strength throughout the next 15 hours, I love my career, please don't make me mess up.

Love, Anonymous (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara