Chapter Twenty Six - The Solution

Photo Credit : http://wallpapercave.com/times-square-wallpaper

My story has taken a life of its own, and it seems like I'm just churning out what it dictates. FicAlden is so determined to prove he is really in FicMaine's heart and goes to an extreme to put his fears to rest. I guess having OCD affects even how he runs his life, wanting everything to be crystal clear.

Konting tiis na lang, readers! The ending is happy, I promise. Life is filled with too much 'realidad' already, I choose to end this with a feel good vibe. But first, all good things have to be well-deserved with patience and hard work. This is it.

Enjoy the reads, and thank you so much for commenting. I was so happy to see many comments in the previous chapter <3 

MAINE

The next five days were extremely difficult for both Maine and Alden. Since the next scenes to be shot were scenes that did not involve them together, they had no chance to see each other. They also dubbed their lines separately, without contacting each other either by text, call or social media. Maine had to content herself with watching Alden on TV, noticing the dark circles under his eyes and his lack of enthusiasm in joking with the dabarkads.

She was tempted to text or call him, but since it was his idea for them to cool off, she felt that he should also be the first to communicate with her. But it was killing her not to see him, to go on wondering if his feelings for her changed.

She went home to Bulacan, to keep herself occupied playing with Matti. Her Tatay noticed the lack of communication between her and Alden, and decided to have a talk with her.

"Anak bakit hindi yata dumadalaw o tumatawag si Richard?" Maine debated on hiding the truth from her Tatay but remembering that that was what got her in trouble in the first place, she decided to come clean.

"Tay, nag-away po kami. Kasalanan ko po, kasi hindi ko po sinabi sa kanya na may binigay si Miggy na libro sakin. Saka nalaman pala niya na pinuntahan ako ni Miggy, kasi pinuntahan din po pala siya."

"Anak, natural lang sa relasyon ang away. Natural din na magtampo siya sayo kasi nagseselos siya kay Miggy. Alam kong may dahilan ka sa paglihim mo sa kanya ng mga nangyari, pero isipin mong maigi, kung sayo ba niya ginawa yun, maiintindihan mo ba?"

"Tay, alam ko naman pong mali ang ginawa ko. Pero pati po yung nararamdaman ko para sa kanya, pinagdududahan na niya. Ang tingin niya, may gusto pa rin ako kay Miggy."

"Eh di patunayan mo na hindi tutoo yun. Maine, hindi ka kukulitin ni Miggy kung malinaw sa kanya na wala na siyang aasahan sayo. Sa napansin ko, hindi naman kayo nakapag-usap ng maayos para maghiwalay ng maayos."

"Ayoko na pong kausapin si Miggy, 'Tay. Hinabol lang naman niya ako ulit nung nalaman niyang magkasama kami ni Richard sa Italy."

"Hija, tapusin mo ng maayos yung kay Miggy. Kausapin mo ng mahinahon, yung walang galit na kasama. Kung talagang wala ka nang nararamdaman para sa kanya, kahit galit, mawawala na."

"Pero 'Tay, pano ko po siya kakausapin?"

Little did she know that her chance to talk to Miggy would come in just a few days.

ALDEN

Alden confirmed his purchases online and printed the documents. His heart was beating so fast and hard, he was having trouble breathing. His dad looked on as Alden impatiently wiped his tears away while the printer was printing his purchase.