Chapter Forty Three - The Homecoming

Photo Credit : http://www.bellemaisoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/LorNur3.jpg

Hi beshies :) Feeling a little under the weather today, but that didn't stop me from coming up with this update, because I'm committed like that. So pardon any typos, didn't have time to edit because I am so dizzy right now. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

I hope this update will be a feel good one for you all, since sepanx strikes us again while Alden is in London. The twins are finally well enough to go home. It's happy times ahead for the Faulkersons, as they moved into their brand new home, took their now healthy twins home and make up for all the lost time of being away from them for a month.

At this point, I'd like to thank you all for being so supportive of this fic, of feeling all the emotions conveyed by each chapter, and for sharing your thoughts. Love Anonymous will be ending tomorrow, it's been a beautiful and rewarding journey for my first full length story. Thank you for making it easier to finish, as I am driven by your encouraging comments. 

Enjoy the weekend my friends :)

August 20, 2018

Maine was awake at the crack of dawn, busy preparing the nursery of their brand new home. Alden worked hard with their contractors to finish the house in time for the twins coming home from the hospital. Thankfully, they made it a week before today, enough time to decorate the nursery and their own bedroom. The kitchen and entertainment room were easily done, it was just three bedrooms left to decorate, but that could wait. For now, Maine was installing mobiles on the cribs.

The room was decorated in yellow and powder blue, the walls had an accent strip of colorful trees and animals, the cribs were painted a pristine white. Athena's bedsheets were in pink while Siegfried's was in powder blue. The room was carpeted, to muffle footsteps of people who came in and out of the nursery.

The door opened, Alden peeked into the room, a big smile on his face.

"Babe? Let's have breakfast na. Can't wait to take them home."

"Yes babe, just made sure the room is ready."

Alden walked in to survey the room. He admired the homey feel of the room, the liely touches of sunshine yellow on powder blue. Maine did a good job working closely with the interior designer, channeling her post-partum depression through the preparation of this room and theirs. Alden walked up behind her and hugged her to him, kissing her cheek.

"Babe, please promise me that the twins will sleep here during the day pero sa gabi kasama natin sila sa room. I don't think I can sleep well if they're in another room, kahit adjoining yung nursery sa room natin."

"I also want that babe. If you don't mind nga, sana minsan itabi natin sila sa pagtulog. We won't be getting much sleep anyway. I want to take care of them myself, ayoko kumuha ng yaya."

"Ok lang sakin yun, babe. But let's get a registered nurse to help you during the day. Just to be sure, para pag may emergencies, there's someone to help you bring the twins to the hospital. I'm sorry kung medyo morbid ako, pero mula ng mamatay si mommy, I don't want to leave anything to chance."He hugged her close, kissing her on the forehead.

-----

They had been through so much in the past weeks. It took five days in the hospital before they were finally allowed to hold the twins in their arms. It was such an emotional moment for both of them to finally share the warmth of their bodies with their little bundles of joy. Alden couldn't forget that moment Siegfried first curled his little fingers around his thumb, the small yet firm grasp of his son made him so thankful that his twins fought for their lives as hard as he prayed for their deliverance from danger.