Chapter Twenty Eight - Full Circle

Photo Credit : Twitter post of @noriegee

Hello my dears! The much-awaited homecoming of our baby girl to the waiting arms of baby boy is now here in this chapter. I hope I did justice to this homecoming, making them both happy after the grueling days that passed.

By the way, I have to warn you that this chapter has SPG content, so if you're below 18, please stop reading right here and read something else. 

And to those who look forward to seeing FicMaine and FicAlden take their relationship one step further, read on. Here's hoping you enjoy this chapter. I would love to hear your comments, I'm not really an SPG writer so this is new to me.

Enjoy :)

October 2, 2016

It's been seven days, ten hours and fifteen minutes since Alden last saw Maine, since he last hugged her, kissed her, seen her. Her trip to New York was supposedly good for three days, thus, if he did his math right, she should have been home three or four days ago. They agreed not to communicate while she was in New York, and true to that agreement, Maine never contacted him at all, nor did she post anything on her social media accounts. It was almost as though there was a news blackout on her, because even Mr. T, her management and her family did not know of her whereabouts.

To say that Maine's absence was freaking him out was an understatement. He lacked sleep, couldn't eat and had trouble focusing on the road whenever he drove due to exhaustion from work. At his dad's insistence, he used his driver all week and tried to get some sleep on the road. But each time his phone vibrated, he would awaken, his heart palpitating, hoping it was Maine. But still no word from her.

He wondered if she was with Miggy. He was dying to ask Miggy but couldn't bear to find out from him firsthand that Maine might have changed her mind and went on with Miggy to Miami. What a sad anticlimax to their last night in LA, which was full of optimism and love. Their provincial promo tours would be starting in two weeks. It would be heartbreaking if she decided to stay in the US and left him to promote their movie alone.

He surveyed his image on the mirror and decided his glam team did a stellar job hiding his pallor. There were no telltale shadows under his eyes, his all-white ensemble made him look taller and every inch a celebrity. He was ready to face the people, ironically in an event where he first saw Maine.

It was a cruel twist of fate that he was invited to grace the Candy Fair on the very same date he first saw Maine and posed for a picture with her. It was on that year too that he first inked his contract with GMA, got cast for his first afternoon teleserye, and got paired to his first love team partner Louise. So many firsts, six years ago.

"Ok ka lang ba? Masama ba pakiramdam mo?" Mama Ten asked while touching his forehead.

"Ok lang ako Ma. Wala lang ako sa mood. Mamya paglabas ok na ko, promise."

"Hindi pa rin ba tumatawag o nagtetext man lang?"

He just shook his head and felt like crying. Tangina, wag kang iiyak, he chided himself. He sometimes hated how emotional he was. But Maine has turned his heart into mush and he would kill just to know what was going on with her right now. Lord, ok na ko kahit sila na ni Miggy, he prayed, as long as she's safe and ok.

He stepped out of the tent and was ushered by bouncers to the photo booth. Despite the different setup now, he still felt the nostalgia of his first Candy Cutie experience. Unlike before, he now walked on a red carpet strip that was lined with crowd control rope barriers. Girls were shrieking and reaching for him as he passed by.