Chapter Nineteen - Uncertainties

Photo Credit : Mark Sablan's IG Account

Hurray for the long weekend! It will be quite a challenge what with the ongoing AMACon3 Drabble Activities, but I am pushing myself to update several more chapters to give you readers something to read till Monday:)

FicMaine's showbiz career has officially started so expect challenges along the way. Showbiz is far from easy so let's see how our favorite OTP will fare together in the next chapters.

Thank you for continuing to read, my dears, Enjoy the long weekend and do share your comments with me, if you can :)

Maine passed the reading audition with flying colors. It probably helped that she knew the story by heart, created the dialogues in the story and therefore understood the emotions required for the lead character. It also helped that Alden patiently coached her through the lines several nights before the actual reading. They celebrated with dinner at Spiral in Sofitel, relishing the remaining days of Maine's anonymity before the media get wind of her presence in Alden's life.

"Did you pull strings, RJ? How did you even find my story on wattpad?"

"First of all, no, I did not pull strings to get your story chosen. Although I already read the story prior to the selection process, I merely suggested that we search wattpad and hoped they'd find your story as captivating as it was to me. Will you please have a little more faith in your talent? The story really is good, Maine. I've read the comments, you have quite a following on wattpad. I'm touched that you write with me in mind as lead character, even before we met."

"You turned my life around, sobra. I wrote those stories under a pseudonym, wanting to love you as a fan, anonymously. I was too shy to join fan clubs. Wattpad became my world, where I imagined we met and got together. And then now, you're here right in front of me," She still could not believe what was happening. "Babe, I still can't believe you love me back. I'm just a fangirl, really."

"Hey, sweetie....we feel the same. I've waited five long years to be with you. You're in my world now, and I can't wait to show you what's in store for you. We'll have a great time, I promise."

The news spread like wildfire. Alden Richards has a new leading lady and rumor has it she is also his girlfriend in real life. To prevent pre-empting their sweet moments in the movie, Mr. T and Jenny gave Maine and Alden strict instructions not to be seen exhibiting public displays of affection. Maine was also told not to entertain any questions from media, and to be careful of any posts on her social media accounts. She and Alden resorted to creating alternate Twitter accounts so that they could still enjoy anonymity somewhat, while observing what comments were being circulated about them.

Maine tendered her resignation from the airline, to concentrate on her new career. She worked everyday with the writers, fine-tuning her story and the dialogues in it, trying to stay faithful to the story as much as possible. She meticulously reviewed the script every night, to ensure that characterizations were consistent with how she envisioned them.

Today was their first photo shoot together, to be used for the publicity of their movie. Maine loved dressing up and getting made up, her style team always amazed her with how they styled and glammed her up, and how different she looked for each layout. The shoots could get tedious but she didn't mind, she liked dressing up, she felt good to see herself made up.

Maine and Alden took a break to take a quick lunch before they would resume the shoot. While enjoying their catered food, an unexpected visitor passed by to say hello to them.

"Hello lovebirds," Patring said in her husky voice, looking so alluring in her halter-necked D&G shift dress that accentuated her luscious curves. She walked over to Maine and kissed her cheek then to Alden kissing him in both cheeks.

Uy, Maine thought, sakin isang beso lang, kay RJ dalawa. She shook off the negative thought and smiled at Patring, who explained she was also in the building for her own shoot in the studio located at the lower floor.

Maine observed both Patring and Alden conversing, looking so comfortable with each other. From time to time, Patring would laugh out loud and give Alden a friendly slap on the arm, while Alden would hold her hand to stop her from hitting him. In one instance, Alden seemed to have forgotten he was holding her hand while they talked, their arms swinging between them.

"Huy, bat ang tahimik mo," Patring asked, pulling her by the arm to bring her into their conversation. Patring was such a friendly and seemingly harmless person but her beauty queen looks intimidated Maine. "Pag itong si Alden hindi umayos, sumbong mo sakin ha, patay sakin 'to."

"Oy, teka, maayos ako lagi ha," Alden said, laughing. "Maayos ako sa mga taong maayos sakin."

"Ahh, so ako pala hindi maayos kaya ganyan ka sakin?"

"Hindi ha, ang bait ko kaya sayo."

The bantering went on for a few more minutes, but Alden sensed Maine's uneasiness and pulled her close, hugging her to him. In a little while, Patring left, they resumed their shoot till late afternoon.

Maine was quiet for the rest of the afternoon. She prided herself on being reasonable, setting herself apart from the usual possessive girlfriend prototype. The closeness between Alden and Patring seemed platonic but she could not put a finger on whatever made her uneasy.

By the time Alden took her home, she feigned exhaustion and asked him to go home to rest. She didn't like being with him when she felt like this. Since it was still too early to sleep, she took a shower and called Tonette to request her to come over. Tonette's condo was only a short walk away from Maine's building. In just 15 minutes, Maine rushed to the door to let Tonette in, both excitedly squealing and hugging.

"Musta na actress ha? Ibang iba na aura, friend! Aylavett, blooming ka ha, kahit walang muk ap, pretty pa rin."

"Grabe sa boladas to. 'Lika sa kuwarto, dun tayo magchikahan."

They munched on chips while catching up on each other's lives, with Maine asking about the rest of their common friends. It was nice to giggle about gossip like this, to act like she was still the anonymous fan that she was weeks ago. The thought of Alden made her stop laughing and shake her head.

"Anong nangyari? Bakit ka biglang tumahimik?"

"Tonette, may tatanong ako sayo ha. Pero yung pag-uusapan natin wag mo kwento kahit kanino."

"Of couse naman bes, you have my word. Sige spill, anong bumabagabag sayo?"

"Diba ilang times na natin pinag-uusapan si Patring and Alden? Dumalaw kasi si Patring sa shoot namin kanina eh. Wala lang, wala naming ginawang mali pero di ko ma-shake off yung uneasiness ko."

"Bat ka naging uneasy, anong nag-trigger?"

"Wala naman. Nag-beso siya kasi sakin tapos nag-beso kay Alden, pero yung kay Alden both cheeks yun sakin one cheek lang."

"Eto naman, feeling mo pinagkait yung halik sa isa pang pisngi mo, ganon?"

"Gaga hindi. Parang....nailang ako kasi parang ang close nila eh."

"Suuuussss, selos lang yan, ano ka ba?"

"Pero bes, hindi ako selosa, ever! Diba nakwento ko naman sayo yung samin ni Miggy?"

"Ateng naman, Miggy yun compared to ALDEN RICHARDS. Are you fucking kidding me??? Ang layo ng agwat. Siyempre mas magseselos ka ngayon, Alden na eh. Sorry ha, pero neng, naman...nagsystem upgrade ka eh."

"Grabe ka naman kay Miggy. Mabait naman yun ah."

"Oh, sayo na nanggaling. MABAIT. Diba ang daga, mabait din ang tawag dun?"

"Ang sama nito, bat ba yaw mo kay Miggy?"

"Bat ba pinagtatanggol mo yun, sino ba boyfriend mo ngayon? Meng ha, don't tell me nami-miss mo yun."

"Teka bat ba kay Miggy napunta usapan? Si Patring at si Alden ang pinag-uusapan natin eh."

"Girl, I wouldn't worry about Patring. Harmless yun."

"Pero ang ganda niya eh."

"So? Kung may mangyayari sa kanila ni Alden, bakit ngayon pa kung kelan andiyan ka na? Wala yan. Pero sayo, worried ako. Meng, ang daming effort ni Alden para sayo, please lang....get yourself sorted out. Kawawa yung tao ha, ang tagal na walang girlfriend, baka masaktan mo lang."