Chapter Thirty Eight - Starvation

Photo Credit : mungkawkaw.chikading Instagram Account

Surprise update! Although adulting is eating me alive, I decided to come up with an update because walang ganap today. So I decided we all need a dose of some kilig and I hope this update will help. Now that the Faulkersons are expecting twins, there must be adjustments made and these can be challenging. 

Read on and find out how they manage a hurdle and remain the same cheesy couple we love. Let me know if my update gave you the much-needed kilig, ok? Waiting to hear from you my dears :)

MAINE

It's been two weeks since the Faulkersons found out that they were pregnant with twins. Dr. Reyes estimated the twins to be at eight weeks during the time they did the ultrasound, which means Maine is now on her tenth week of pregnancy.

Maine lost weight as an effect of her morning sickness, a misnomer really, because she felt the nausea even until evening. There were certain smells she couldn't stand, like the smell of any kind of fish or seafood, car freshener and fabric softener. She was sleepy all the time, but couldn't sleep at night.

Alden gave her full attention, always on hand to give her what she needed. He turned down any out-of-town gigs, or concerts abroad, wanting to be with her on her first trimester, the most crucial time of any pregnancy. He was always careful even when sleeping, always turning his back on her for fear of inadvertently hitting her tummy. He was so careful that they no longer shared any intimacy for the past two weeks, and it was making them both cranky.

Maine thought the sex no longer happened because she looked and felt terrible. It was difficult to be amorous when she felt like throwing up all the time. She looked at her image on the mirror and all she saw staring back at her was a pale face with dark circles under her eyes, her collar bones sticking out and her shoulders looking like hangers (Author's note: Well this is typical Maine being Maine who always is too hard on herself so do not be deceived by the poor self-image, she looks fine.)

They were now in Broadway, waiting for their cues to do their segment together. Maine was still deep in thought, wondering about married life. Of course she wanted the twins, but really, is this it? After weeks of sex on tap, it was like she was having withdrawal symptoms for a bad addiction. She missed the foreplay most of all, the teasing and laughing. Not that Alden was ignoring her, he was in fact more attentive now. But their intimacy suddenly stopped and she wondered if it was her fault.

ALDEN

Maine seemed distant again. She chose to eat lunch ahead with the girls, which he didn't mind really, since he liked it that she ate anything at all, considering how nauseous she always was. It's just that he missed their usual connection. It's like the spark was slowly being snuffed out, and he was getting panicky about it.

Of course they still had the sexual tension between them, but he avoided any intimacy for fear of overexerting Maine, or worse, hurting the baby. He missed cuddling her when sleeping, because Maine sometimes tossed and turned and he worried he might hit her tummy if her sudden movement makes him shift his position in bed.

He wondered how long they could keep this up. He wanted to talk to her about it, but she was a bit of a drama queen lately, so he avoided any triggers to make her cry. He was still deep in thought, not noticing Ryan already sitting in front of him in the pantry.

"Huy, Alden! Earth calling Alden, come in..."

"Ay Kuya Ryan, sorry. May tinatanong ka?"

"Ang lalim ng iniisip mo ha. May problema ba?"