Chapter Twenty Three - Patring's Request

Photo Credit : I've lost track on who owns this photo, can't trace it to the real owner so please just know that I have no rights to this photo whatsoever, nor do I claim ownership for it.

It's another lovely weekend my friends. The perfect time to curl up with your gadget and read wattpad's treasures, hopefully with this story as part of your choices. We've got maybe four chapters left, before this story gets completed. I'm kind of sad but also excited to see this end, because I'm so happy with how this story was received. 

I've got two more stories to share soon, one right after this is completed. Thank you for making this a smooth journey for me and for being so appreciative. I love the comments I've been getting, including the suggestions. 

This chapter gives you a bit of Patring's side of the story, also a perspective of someone who loves from afar, loving unselfishly so long as the one loved is happy. Hope you like this chapter, let me know how it makes you feel, ok? 

Enjoy the weekend, lovies :)

Maine and Alden were together in Broadway once again, to launch a new dance segment in Eat Bulaga, with Maine appearing as guest judge for weekly finals every Saturday. The plan was to gauge her rapport with a live audience, with the view towards making her one of the EB segment hosts for a trial period of three months.

She was seated on the floor Indian style near the audience gallery,  watching the opening number of Eat Bulaga hosts. Patring was currently dancing with the baes, looking really alluring in her flame colored dress, sultry hair and heels. She danced well, her graceful movements perfectly in sync with the music playing, her facial expressions teasing the audience with just the right amount of sass.

She really is the perfect package, Maine thought ruefully, admiring how confident Patring looked. As Patring exited towards the side, Alden came into camera view amid screams of the fans. Maine noticed that Patring and Alden barely looked at each other, they passed each other as though they were strangers. She wondered about this and promised herself to talk to Alden about it, but for the meantime, she was glued to her man who was putting on a good show for the fans, executing his intricate dance moves while glancing at her from time to time.

The opening numbers were over, Alden walked over to her and pulled her up to bring her to the pantry to have their lunch. Since the rest of the dabarkads were going to appear on air after the commercial break, it was just Maine and Alden in the pantry. They filled their plates with food that Alden's cousin April brought for them, and sat down to eat. After a while, Maine thought it was time to ask about Patring.

"Babe, bakit di kayo nagpapansinan ni Patring?"

"Huh? Sinong maysabi?"

"Nakita ko kanina. Nagdeadmahan lang kayo sa opening number. Nag away ba kayo?"

"Hindi, wala kaming away. Saka, ikaw naman, bakit kami magpapansinan while performing our numbers? Wala yun."

"Sure ka? Parang ramdam ko may something eh."

Alden stopped eating and looked straight at her. "Maine, wala kaming away, ok? Let's not talk about Patring anymore, baka mamya tayo na mag-away eh." 

Maine stopped her interrogation but the uneasy feeling wouldn't leave her. Something was definitely off. Alden normally does not keep anything from her but for the first time, he sounded like he was hiding something.

If there was one thing about Maine, she was persistent. She would relentlessly pursue something that was bothering her, sort it out, get all the details till her mind was satisfied at having conquered whatever it was that bothered her. She vowed to get to the bottom of this mystery, hopefully within the day.