Chapter Seventeen - Destiny Claimed

Photo Credit : Screen grab from GMA-7

It's manic Monday readers! I'm starting the week with an update for you. Still no update on whether Maine will accept Kris' offer or not, and how coincidental is it to what's happening to Kris in real life, right? If you've read the rumors, it looks like there might be a possibility that they will be working together. Stay tuned to see if it's the same in this alternate universe.

Thank you for reading and following this story, more juicy updates soon! Meanwhile, share with me what you think in the comments section below. Enjoy :)

It was Maine's second time to watch Alden in Eat Bulaga. This time she came alone, since Tonette had a different work schedule than hers. Alden introduced her to everybody, including the production staff and floor directors. Apart from the usual teasing, everyone was nice and accommodating to her. She even had a chance to chat with Jenny Ferre, who walked up to her while she was waiting for Alden to get dressed after the show.

"Hi Maine, remember me?"

"Of course Ms. Jenny, hi din po."

"How's everything with you? Buti naman naka-visit ka samin."

"My schedule permitted it po. Wala po akong flight today and tomorrow."

"I see. Kumusta writing mo? Do you still write?" This got Maine nervous, remembering her wattpad stories. What if Jenny reads her stories and traces it back to her?

"Uhhh, pano niyo po nalaman na nagsusulat ako?"

"Your resume. Diba you submitted a resume when you auditioned here? You mentioned writing as one of your hobbies?"

"Oh. Oo nga pala, haha. Yes po, I still write once in a while."

"I see, what kind? Blogs? Stories?"

It was a good thing Alden came out from backstage to rescue her from Ms. Jenny's third-degree. They did the rounds of goodbyes to everybody and off they went in Alden's Jaguar to Maine's condo. They decided to spend time together indoors instead of going out and risking being mobbed by fans. Maine had her DVDs ready, and since Alden didn't want her to get tired cooking for him, Alden had take-out food delivered from his restaurant.

They have been dating for more than two months now, and though they didn't go out on dates too much, they communicated regularly. Alden always left messages for her whenever he could, especially during her flights when he knew she was tired and sometimes emotional because they didn't see each other often enough. She sends him Snapchat videos to make him laugh, because she knows when he's working hard late at night, he needs something to perk him up.

They arrived at the condo in less than an hour. Alden helped Maine out of the car and together they brought in the bags of food and drinks. What was actually a regular afternoon date for some was a special one for them, since they rarely had time to be physically together. They heated up the food, which were in microwave-ready containers, set the table and settled down to enjoy their meal.

"Babe, what happened to your meeting with Kris?" Alden asked her while they were enjoying the food.

"Yes, kwento ko nga pala sayo. She's thinking of a new show kasi, something that has a travel segment. She wants me to be part of the show and handle that segment. Sabi ko baka wala akong skills to do it."

"Gusto mo ba gawin yun?"

"Alam mo may sasabihin ako pero wag mo ko pagtawanan ha."

"Oo naman, sige ano yun?"