Chapter Twenty Seven - Tying Loose Ends

Photo Credit: www.tripadvisor.com

Ok my dears, here's the much-awaited meeting between Maine and Miggy, to clear up once and for all what lies in store for them in the future. After the emotional previous chapters, I tried to make this chapter on a lighter note, because I must admit the past chapters drained me emotionally. The feels are still there, but less drama hopefully, and more optimism for when Maine comes home.

Thank you for reading up to this far in my story. We're almost at the end, I hope you stick around. Happy to see more and more readers leaving their comments, I enjoy bantering with you all :)

The LA meet-and-greet was a resounding success. Alden and Maine performed to an SRO crowd, performing three encores due to persistent requests of the fans. Maine was overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support for her and their tandem, receiving so many gifts from strangers. She was still in the process of coming to terms with her popularity, still a bit clueless why people liked her so much.

The next two days after their performance was time well spent together, just relaxing and acting like a regular couple. They made the most of their time together, reminiscent of their time in Italy when they were still getting to know each other. It was hard to believe that their time in Italy happened barely four months ago. So much has happened to her and Alden, almost like a year's worth of milestones in both their careers and relationship.

They spent their last night together just talking at the balcony of her hotel room, wrapped together in just one blanket, drunken with kisses and wine, in between bites of chocolates and strawberries. She clung to him, refusing to let him sleep in his room, even after he joked that his leg was getting numb from having her lie on top of him, her back resting against his chest, as they gazed at the starry sky together.

"Yabang mo ha, as if naman ang bigat ko. Tiisin mo yan, Faulkerson, " She said, laughing. "Ginusto mo 'tong New York trip ko, so tiisin mong magmanhid yang leg mo."

They stopped laughing with the mention of New York. Maine felt like kicking herself for destroying the light mood they had. She turned to face him, caressing his face with one hand. He caught her hand and kissed her palm, the warmth of his lips sending jolts of electricity all over her. She leaned over to kiss him full on the lips, the tip of her tongue tentatively running over his lips, shivering when his mouth opened to kiss her deeply.

"I'm yours, Richard Faulkerson, Jr., " She said breathlessly. "I've watched all your movies, adored all the characters you played, because I knew every one of them contained a part of the real you. I'm afraid to face Miggy because I have never won an argument against him before. But I will conquer this fear, I will prove to you that I am also capable of fighting for you."

He smiled at her, a smile that made his eyes come alive with happiness. He pressed kisses on her neck, lingering at the spot where her shoulder started, burying his face in her warmth, breathing in the scent of berries in her hair.

"Alam mo babe, I used to think having a relationship would affect my career negatively. Maybe that's why hindi ako naghahanap ng maliligawan for the past five years. But when you came, you gave me the drive to do better in my craft. I wanted you to be proud of me, na hindi ako basta artista lang na hindi nakatapos..."

"Stop....Kahit kelan hindi naging issue sakin kung nakatapos ka o hindi. You're a self-made man, a responsible one who took care of his family well. If only for that, I'm so proud of you. Nagkataon lang artista ka, but RJ, even if you were in a different profession, I would fall in love with you over and over again. "