Chapter Thirteen - Reluctant Celebrity

Video Credit:  Alden and Maine Dubsmash "A Thousand Years," uploaded on Youtube by Aldub Maiden Videos

Since I wasn't able to be at Alden's book launch (huhuhu),  I decided to update here. I'm happy the book launch was a success, plus, I'm also excited for the ADN Fest 2016, where I may get to meet the other AMACon writers! 

Hope you can also  join us there, it will be a fun event for us all, especially for those who are not part of any fan club or group. For more information, you can find out more about the event here: http://adnfest2016.blogspot.com/

Anyway, ficMaine is slowly getting noticed this side of the universe! Please read on and guess what's next for her. Let me know what you think is up for our princess, ok? Feel free to comment below. Keep safe everyone, stay indoors as much as possible and stay dry. Enjoy! :)

"I have died every day

Waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you for a

Thousand years

I'll love you for a

Thousand more"

- Christina Perri

ALDEN

Alden was in his favorite secret place in Broadway, the rooftop where he sometimes went to go Facetime bonding with Maine when their schedules and time zones allowed. He liked it here because it was quiet and the view was nice, plus not many of the staff knew about this part of Broadway, which was normally off limits to the public. Today though, he couldn't contact Maine since she was still enroute to Winnipeg, so he chose to hang out here to read her wattpad stories.

Maine was unaware that he already had access to her stories. He knew she was probably embarrassed and lacked confidence to share what she had written, but to be honest, even if he wasn't interested in her, her stories were well-written and full of life. She had four different stories in her account, but his favorite was the story he found in the top 20 fan fictions list, the one entitled The Heart Speaks. It was about childhood friends trying to find one another because they knew since childhood that they were meant for each other.

He was flattered that she saw him as the male lead character. He was also surprised how accurate she characterized Alden, it was as if she knew him personally even before they met. The female character, Maine, was very much like her, lovable and funny, but battling with her own secret demons. The storyline was really good, he could picture themselves appearing in a teleserye together, portraying these characters.

Maine would make a good actress, he thought. She had really expressive eyes, her videos showed there was raw acting talent untapped inside her.  One of these days, he'd kid her about getting into showbiz and see how she will react. She can actually work behind-the-scenes, as a writer for GMA's creative team.

He was a fast reader but he chose to relish each chapter of her story. He would read a chapter and envision each scene playing in his mind, directing the lighting and blocking for each scene, imagining the locations and cinematography that would make the story more appealing to his fans. He closed his eyes, imagining Alden and Maine's first meeting after so many years, the kiss they would share---

"Huy, Alden!" His eyes opened reluctantly, coming face-to-face with Direk Pat.

"Andito ka lang pala, kanina ka pa namin hinahanap. Nakangiti ka pa ha anong iniisip mo?"

"Wala akong iniisip, natutulog ako."

"Tsss. Wag ako Alden ha, ilang araw ka nang lutang eh. Buti na lang masipag ka, mukhang inspired tayo eh, ha. Puro one take daw ang scenes mo sa movie, sabi ni Theiy."

He couldn't resist smiling, nor could he contain his kilig. He shrugged his shoulders and winked at her.

"Potek, kinikilig oh. May kinalaman ba yan sa dubsmash queen?"

"Ikaw Ate Patchy ha, sumisimpleng chismis oh. Lika na magtrabaho na tayo."

That night, for the first time in months,he uploaded his dubsmash version of the song "A Thousand Years" on his instagram account with the caption, "It's been a while" and #whereitallstarted.

Dubsmash was where he first saw Maine, and he felt it was apt to celebrate how he felt in a language she could truly appreciate.

MAINE

Maine was dead tired from jetlag and being on the go onboard the Winnipeg flight for more than twelve hours. The delayed flight forced them to deal with irate passengers, mostly those with messed up schedules for connecting flights, and passengers traveling for business meetings in Winnipeg. By the time she and Tonette got to their room, they were both too tired to eat, since it was already 3:00 AM Winnipeg time.

She checked her phone for messages, reading three from Alden, a notification from Alden's IG account and five missed calls from an unidentified number. Quickly, she viewed Alden's latest post, smiling when she viewed his dubsmash video and the captions with it.

A Thousand Years. One of the songs they listened to on the trip back to Venice from Verona. She remembered falling asleep on his shoulder, with her arm entwined with his, their hands interlaced on his lap. She remembered listening to his voice as he sang softly while the song played, his soothing voice made her scoot closer to him, her hand caressing his well-formed bicep.

She wanted to upload a response to his dubsmash post, but felt in need of a shower to look fresh. Moving around quietly so as not to awaken Tonette, she took a shower and recorded a response to his video with the same song, using the continuation of the refrain he dubsmashed.

Her phone rang, showing the unidentified number again. She answered the call, going out of their room to the hallway.

"Hello, yes?......What?! .........Is this a prank call?........Ok. Yes, I'll check my Facebook account. Yes, I'll let you know by tomorrow. Thanks."

She ended the call and immediately dialed Alden's number.

-----

"Hi Richard, thanks for taking my call. Sorry, to disturb you."

"It's ok, we're just having dinner on location here in Intramuros. You sound worried, what's wrong?"

"I got a call from a certain Carina Chan, she claims she's one of the writers for Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho."

"Yes, I know Carina, she contacted us in the past for feature stories in KMJS. Bakit daw?"

"Babe, why would KMJS want to feature me in their show?"