Chapter Twenty Nine - Plot Twist

Photo Credits : https://tl.yahstar.com/eat-bulaga http://www.venuerific.com/ph/venues/blue-gardens

It's a long weekend my friends!!! Wonderful weather, not too hot, so many wattpad stories to read, so many things to ponder on, like that ring on baby girl's middle finger.....Alden's dancing banana post......Daddy Bae's cryptic tweets. They all seem to be telling just one story, a story we all want so badly to happen. 

Here's a happy ending chapter that I hope will tide you over while our bibis are still on Kalye Serye hiatus.  Again, thanks so much for reading up to this point, and for sharing my stories with others, or commenting on the chapters. Hope to see you soon with a new story coming out hopefully this weekend.

But for now, have fun with this. Enjoy :) 

Maine rushed out of the shower to answer her phone, thinking it was Alden. She frowned upon seeing who the caller is. It was Mike, her sister Coleen's boyfriend. Why would he call her?

"Hello, Mike? Hey, kumusta, napatawag ka?"

"Hi Maine, I need your help sana with something. "

"Sure, sige, how can I help you? "

"Uh....I'm going to propose to Coleen next weekend sana. Can you accompany me to look at some rings? Help me choose?"

"Next weekend? Wow! Anniversary rin ni Nanay at Tatay yun, ganda ng timing ha. Sure, sure. You want to go this afternoon? May alam akong jewelry store, family friend namin yun. I just need to finish a photo shoot with Richard, this morning, then we can go. I'll call you later, ok? Text you the address of the store. "

Maine felt happy for Coleen. She wondered what it would feel like to be proposed to, especially with a boyfriend like Alden, who was close to perfect when it came to knowing what buttons to push to make her happy. She thought she would get bored with his consistency, but she eagerly laps it up, all his little surprises that complete her days, all the surprise visits to her home in Bulacan, playing with her nephew Matti, charming all her siblings, including Nico and Dean.

She was still smiling when she arrived at their photo shoot, looking forward to helping Mike pick a ring for Coleen. Alden looked up from his phone to see her heading his way. She kissed his cheek, smiled at him then kissed him again. He pulled her for a quick hug , sitting her in his lap.

"Maganda gising ng baby ko ngayon ha," He said, running a hand through her hair. She stood up and sat on the chair beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Babe, sasamahan ko si Mike mamaya ha. He's going to pop the question next weekend, samahan ko daw siya pumili ng ring. Anniversary din yun ni Nanay at Tatay, punta ka ha?"

"Ah ganon ba? That should be fun. How do you feel about Coleen getting engaged?"

"Happy ako for her. Hehe, lumalabas na naman pagka-hopeless romantic ko. I love engagement proposals. Kasi, imagine a guy's effort to be creative about the whole thing, from choosing the right ring, to where the proposal will be done, and how he will ask the question. If a guy executes it well, imagine the memories, the back stories everytime they reminisce. Ang sweet lang."

He put pulled her closer to him, caressing her arm. "Pano kung akong magpropose sayo?"

He felt her stiffen a little. "Don't ask me questions like that, RJ."

Crestfallen, he asked, "Bakit, ayaw mo?"

"Gusto ko. Kaya don't joke about it, please?"

"Sige. Gugulatin na lang kita isang araw."