Chapter Twenty Five - Stalemate

Photo Credit: Screen grab from Eat Bulaga Kalyeserye Spetember 1 2016 Alden and Maine Mag On Na Sila!!! post on Youtube by William Jat Sy Lao.

Dear readers, I had difficulty writing this, I couldn't breathe as I was imagining Alden and Maine arguing, yelling at each other. It's a discovery for me to feel so much pain for my characters, because I care about the people I base them from. It's like watching your parents hurt each other.

I hope we never get to see or hear of them fighting like this. I hope my story remains fictitious. But like all storms, things like this sometimes need to happen to make us all stronger. For those who may get affected if they read about Alden and Maine fighting, I suggest you pass this chapter, medyo mahirap siya basahin.

And for those brave enough, I promise you, there are lessons to be learned from this chapter. This is, after all, an argument that came aabout because of two people who love each other so much that they hide things to protect each other from pain. 

Read on and let's discuss in the comments section. This is the one and only LQ they will have in this story and I'm sorry, it had to be done.

MAINE

Maine woke up alone in the condo, with Alden already gone. She smiled to herself, remembering the night before, blushing at the remembrance of their intimate moments. He was such a gentleman to restrain himself and think of the morning after. She felt herself falling deeper in love with him, thanking God for giving her someone who loved and respected her.

She stretched and stood up, noticing that Alden also tidied up and stored the Laksa and cheesecake in the refrigerator. She suddenly noticed the DHL package on the side table, tapping herself on the forehead for forgetting to call DHL to pick up this package. She was going to have it sent back to Miggy, hoping to make a statement that she refused to have anything to do with him. She should have given it back when he was in Bulacan but by then the package was already here at the condo, because Dean brought it here for her.

She wondered if Alden saw the package and the origin, worried that he might think she was communicating with Miggy behind his back. She had to explain this to him later, and pick her words carefully. Alden was sensitive, but it was a small flaw for all the things he has been to her. She went to her room to prepare her clothes for today's shoot and took a shower. She would drop by a DHL outlet before the shoot and send this package back to its sender, before it creates a rift between her and Alden.

Alden was already at the location of their shoot when she arrived. From the way he merely glanced at her and smiled sadly, Maine already knew something was wrong. He was studying his lines, already dressed for his first take, which was a scene without her. She approached him hesitantly and kissed him on the cheek. He kissed her back and hugged her with one hand, then went back to his script.

"Babe, you left kanina without saying goodbye," She said tentatively, "Sana ginising mo ko. Diba sabi ko I want to wake up to your smile?"

"I didn't want to disturb you, masarap tulog mo eh. Sige na get dressed and made up. I'm about to shoot na rin."

"Bakit sad ka baby, is something bothering you?"

"Just getting in character, Maine. Prepare yourself well, ok? Confrontation scene gagawin natin, I want you to focus on this muna para maganda yung take. Let's talk later." With that, he walked away from her, leaving her apprehensive about the scene and their relationship.

After an hour, she was ready for their scene. The scene was a confrontation between Alden's character Alain and Maine's character Mara, still from her wattpad story. They decided to change the character's names, because it was confusing to use their real names as what Maine did in her original story. Direk Mike briefed them before the take.