Chapter Twelve - The Pessimistic Optimist

Photo credit : Lifted from Youtube Video "The Price of Fame/Karelasyon" posted by GMA News and Public Affairs

Before anything else, disclaimer lang, this is not an SPG story as the photo might imply. Hahahaha, read on and you will know why. 

It's a rainy weekend for us, perfect for snuggling under the covers and reading updates of our best-loved fan fics. I'm really happy that the Love, Anonymous family of readers is growing and I can't let this go on without giving something in appreciation of everyone following this story. I'm preparing a surprise for you readers soon (I hope I can actually pull it off), just stay tuned and I will announce it when it's ready.

For now, please enjoy the weather with this update, as Richard and Maine come to grips with the things they need to consider to keep their relationship going. Keep your comments coming, I do get a lot of inspiration from your comments and suggestions. Stay safe and dry lovely readers, and enjoy the weekend :)

Alden was idly scanning his Facebook updates when something caught his eye. A friend forwarded a video of a girl named Maine, a compilation of dubsmash videos. He opened the video and saw a girl with expressive dark eyes, her hair pulled back in a ponytail. She had an infectious smile and slight build, so much like the Maine he knew' from his childhood.

He watched her, mesmerized, fascinated, hooked. She was funny and engaging. Her videos were far from other dubsmash videos he'd watched, hers had creativity and humor, lots of it. He searched for the video source in Youtube and scanned her account. Not much personal information there, but links to her Facebook and Instagram accounts were provided. Quickly, he searched both her accounts for any clue on her identity, scanning her posts, pictures, and videos. Just the usual photos and selfies with friends, her family.

And then he found what he was looking for.

A photo of them together when they were still children was posted as a throwback photo in the past. The photo was captioned "Missing you."

The ring of the doorbell interrupted Maine's train of thought, taking attention away from her wattpad story. Saving the draft on her tablet, she takes one look at the mirror before seeing who was at the door. She was wearing an off-shoulder beige lacy top that just barely covered her pierced belly button, distressed jeans and taupe strappy sandals. Her wavy hair hang loose around her shoulders and her face was devoid of any make-up save for berry lip tint. She looked perfect and ready for Alden's visit here at the condo.

She opened the door to a freshly showered Alden, wearing a yellow penguin shirt, grey jeans and sperries. He had a bunch of pink and red carnations, a bottle of sparkling wine and what seems to be cold cuts and cheese from Santi's. They just stared at each other for a few seconds, scarcely believing they were face-to-face again. It had been a long 10 days since they last saw each other in Venice, and had to make do with just phone calls and facetime chats.

Alden broke the moment and closed the gap between them by hugging her with one arm and kissing her cheek. She pulls him closer, wanting to feel his warmth, burying her face in his chest.

"Hello stranger. Bango mo naman," She said affectionately. She pulls him inside and shuts the door, taking the flowers from him to cut the stems and put them in a glass vase. Alden follows her to the kitchen to put the sparkling wine in an ice bucket and unwrap the coldcuts.

"How's everyone?"

"Ok naman, Tatay and Nanay send their regards, wala sila ngayon nasa Japan."

"Ah ok. Nice place ha, do you stay here often?"