Chapter Fourteen - Bit by Bit

Photo Credit: From Youtube Video uploaded by Vincent Marasigan  "Alden and Maine in Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho July 10 2016 #KMJS11"

Got bitten by the writing bug to churn out another chapter. Hope this chapter will perk you up, emit good vibes so that we can forget, even for a few minutes, the negative things swirling around us. Let's hope the week will offer us things to smile about, like maybe some sunshine and no more rain. Have fun reading, my dears, and as always, leave a comment, let me know what you like/think at the comment section below. Enjoy :)

Maine was done with hair and make-up, she was also garbed in a simple top with lace accents and black slimfit pants. She was reading the continuity script Carina gave her, which contained guide questions for her interview and some notes she needed to remember while the interview was going on.

She still couldn't believe she was here, and that she actually agreed to be interviewed. From the Facebook message she received, they were doing a special report on popular social media applications, and since she was active on Youtube via dubsmash video uploads, she was a natural choice as one of the interview subjects. She remembered how nervous she was when she and Alden discussed this.

"Why would they take an interest on me, Richard? I'm not an interesting interview subject."

"Of course you are! Your dubsmash compilation got a million hits in less than one day. That's quite a feat. You can sing and play the drums, I'm sure they've seen your drum cover video and heard your audio uploads."

"Oh please no, basic na basic lang alam ko sa drums and my voice is far from good. Pano kung hingan ako ng sample drum solo? Also....shit, pano if tanungin ako about us? Oh my God, baka yun ang real reason for inviting me! They will ask me about you...anong sasabihin ko?"

"Babe, breathe....relax. Look, do you really want to do this?"

"Part of me wants to. But I'm scared I'll mess it up."

"Alam mo, if they ask about us, give them the standard 'we're good friends' response. They might not believe it but that's better than saying 'no comment,' because saying that means we're hiding something. Actually as far as I'm concerned, Maine, you can tell them I'm pursuing you, I don't mind."

"If your schedule will allow, would you be there with me?"

"Of course. Sasamahan kita, I'll guide you through it. Let me know what the schedule is, paayos ko kay Sam."

"Can't do this without you, Richard."

"Ssshhh, I'll be there for you, don't worry."

And there he was, chatting with Jessica, both laughing like old friends. She saw the initial surprise in the production team's faces when they saw her arrive with Alden, but thankfully, no one was nosy enough to ask questions. Everyone there liked Alden, were happy to see him and some even took selfies with him and her together. She knew that after this show airs, they would be talked about in social media again, but right now, her main concern was to get through this interview smoothly, she would worry about social media later. Upon seeing her, Alden excused himself from Jessica to approach her.

"How are you? Ready ka na?" He held both her hands and began rubbing them when he felt how cold and clammy they were.

"Yes, kinakabahan ako pero excited din. How do I look?" She was looking at him with uncertainty in her eyes, like a little girl waiting for a parent's affirmation.

"You look great, kung walang tao dito na-kiss na kita. Tara, sa dressing room," He said, making her blush with his knowing look.

"Huwag mo ko harutin dito, kinakabahan na nga ako eh. Mamaya na yan."