Chapter 2:

Alya dragged her fangirling friend out of class. Marinette stood in excitement, her heart rapidly pounding as she fantasised about her future mall trip with Adrien. Her hands remained clutched together against her chest as she stared at Alya smiling.

"Snap out of it girl" Alya yelled, "you finally going to the mall with Adrien so you have to calm down and just be yourself."

"But it's Adrien!" Marinette screamed. "Oh my gosh, what am I going to wear!?"

"Calm down girl, it's only a shopping trip. We'll have it all sorted. Everything's fine!" Alya chimed as she walked her friend down the stairs.

The afternoons were still quite cool but the sunshine warmed their faces. Alya chuckled as she pulled the mesmerised Marinette around the block.

"I'll text you later okay? We'll discuss the details then. Alright?" Alya asked.

"Mm-hmm!" Marinette sang as Alya waved and walked off.

Marinette stared at her walking friend but was interrupted by Tikki.

"Marinette! What are you doing, I thought we were going home!" Tikki laughed.

"Right!" Marinette said as she began to stroll home.

She arrived at the bakery and entered to see her busy parents. They smirked at each other.

"Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" Her mother asked.

"Oh, it's nothing, also, I am going to the mall with friends tomorrow okay?" Marinette questioned.

"Okay." Her parents said.

Marinette wandered upstairs in a twirling fashion. She melted into her wheelie chair. Tikki hovered out of the purse that she was hiding in.

"Marinette! Alya was going to text you, you guys were going to discuss details! Marinette, focus!" Tikki yelled.

"Oh, that's right!" Marinette recalled.

She snatched her phone from off her table and began typing away. After a few minutes, they sorted everything out and were prepared for the upcoming trip.

"Remember Marinette, stay calm and just be yourself," Alya said from the other side of the phone line. "I have to go now but I'll see you tomorrow!" Alya hung up.

Marinette continued he rest of her day dreaming about Adrien. She slipped into bed and prepared herself for her trip.

The next morning, Marinette jumped out of bed and changed immediately. Tikki was given cookies and flew into her hiding spot. They were ready to go. Marinette rushed downstairs and called out informing her parents that she was going. A fresh morning scent hit her as she rushed towards the mall. The walk was quite short which didn't give her time to calm her nerves. Alya was in the distance waving to her as she ran over.

"Alright, stay calm, you'll be fine girl!" Alya encouraged.

Marinette was about to respond when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Adrien was standing behind her with Nino.

"Ready to go?" Adrien asked scratching the back of his neck.

Marinette froze and gave a big awkward smile. Alya noticed and interrupted.

"Sure! Let's go, Marinette." She nudged her friend.

They four of them walked silently when finally Alya broke the silence.

"Okay, so we were hoping to find dresses for prom today. I know a shop which sells cute dresses. Let's go there." She suggested.

The three nodded as they all headed towards it. The silence became less as they all began to chatter. Marinette felt less nervous and approached Adrien whilst Nino and Alya chattered.

"H-Hi. So have y-you got an outfit for prom yet?" Marinette nervously questioned.

"Oh, yeah, I do, I have a black suit and bow tie," Adrien smiled.

They arrived at the store and Alya immediately dragged Marinette in front of the boys.

"How's it going?" Alya asked.

"Not too well." Marinette sheepishly replied.

"You'll be fine girl!" Alya whispered.

They began to choose dresses with the assistance of the boys. What at first seemed to be an awkward trip soon turned into enjoyment. The girls took to the changing rooms while the boys waited outside. Nino turned to Adrien.

"Dude, I think Marinette likes you." He whispered.

"What, really?" Adrien said stunned.

Without Nino seeing, he turned his head and cracked a smile. He could feel his blushing cheeks but remembered Ladybug. She was his one true love. His thoughts were interrupted as Alya stepped out of the changing room in a long purple dress, strapless with a black rose on the side of the hip.

"Wow.." Nino stunned.

Adrien's gaze was pulled to Marinette as she exited the change room. She was wearing a long red blue dress that matched her eyes and hair. Adrien stood up stunned.

"D-do you think it looks good?" Marinette nervously questioned.

"You look amazing." Adrien sheepishly said.

For a split second, they stared at each other. She drowned in his emerald green eyes as he himself fell into her deep blue eyes. Immediately she jerked back and scratched the back of her neck nervously. She gave an awkward smile.

"Well. Thanks! I-I'll get this one!" She stuttered.

Quickly, she ran back into the change room and had a moment of excitement. Outside, Adrien was left staring at the door of the room. Did he like Marinette? No. She just looked really good in that dress. Nino and Alya observed the whole thing.

"Yo, dude, what was that?" Nino smirked.

Alya nodded in agreement then hurried back into her change room. She thought to herself, maybe her plan was working.