Chapter 4:

Marinette secretly thanked Alya in her head and decided to really try and live the moment. It's not every day that you're abandoned by friends in a cafe shop with your one true love. Marinette blushed a furious red but tried to hide it by staring down at the table. Adrien smiled at her and her cheeks.

"So, how is your uncle?" Adrien asked. "Has his famous dish proved successful?"

"Oh yeah! He's doing great which is cool like you! Wait, I meant he's doing great! Great." Marinette hurriedly spoke.

Her face blushed even more furiously at the mistake she made when speaking. She sat silently with her face down completely embarrassed. Adrien peered down at her.

"Are you alright?" He smiled.

"Y-yeah, fine." She stuttered.

The cold sweats and goose bumps rushed over her. She could imagine Alya facepalming so hard at this point. Adrien cracked a small smile and quietly laughed.

"You know, you're a really good gamer and all, but I think if I re-challenged you using that lucky bracelet you gave me, I would win," Adrien said.

"Oh, you still have that? I thought you'd long forgotten about it..." Marinette mumbled.

"Are you up for the challenge?" Adrien calmly said.

"S-sure," Marinette smiled.

"Great!" Adrien cried. "Do you want to do the rematch today? My photoshoot is in the evening so if we have the competition now, I can just make it."

"Oh, right! O-Okay, I'll call Alya and we'll be on our way," Marinette sheepishly said.

She frantically picked up her phone and dialed Alya's number whilst Adrien observed. He didn't know why, but he wanted to get to know more about her, after all, they weren't exactly the most acquainted friends. Alya and Nino soon arrived and they exited the mall.

"Well, you guys have fun. I have homework to do and music to make. See you dudes at school," Nino departed.

"Yeah, I have to update my lady blog, keep the fans happy. I'll see you both at school! Bye!" Alya smiled as she ran off.

Again, Marinette and Adrien were left. Adrien considered this to be a friends thing. His heart was set on Ladybug and he decided to stay loyal to that. Marinette, on the other hand, adored this moment. All her dreams were potentially reachable but she needed to break the silence. She knew acting all nervous and embarrassed would never last. They walked to Marinette's home in silence and headed up. Each of them grabbed a controller and began to play. The first round was silent until it finished.

"Wow! I won! This bracelet really works!" Adrien cried.

"Or maybe you just got better at playing?" Marinette smiled.

Secretly she had thrown the game in order for him to win. She like seeing him happy and loved it when he smiled. The next few rounds broke the silence. They chattered and laughed. Marinette didn't feel so nervous talking to Adrien anymore. In fact, she felt almost confident. She couldn't believe it. She felt confident around Adrien. They laughed and joked about until the evening arrived. Marinette walked Adrien out as they waved to each other. Marinette wandered back in after he left and sunk into the couch. What a glorious day. She had really put herself in a hole, with Adrien. She immediately picked up her phone and texted Alya about what happened. Adrien strolled to his photo shoot very casually. He had developed a little crush on Marinette but he refused to accept it. Ladybug was the only one. Of course, he still wanted to get to know Marinette but his heart could only fit one. Pushing those thoughts aside he began his photo shooting. That night, Adrien lied on his bed thinking. Plagg was sleeping and his snoring was unbearable. Adrien was keen to see both Marinette and Ladybug. He felt guilty for liking both of them. Tossing and turning, he decided to get up. What to do? What to do? A thought popped into his mind. Would he do it, though? Finally, he decided, Chat Noir was paying a visit to Marinette's home.